Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Deyavu

Well done to Matthew

what a wonderful family you have Carole

Carole you sound just like me, totaly useless in a crisis, my hubby also gets annoyed with me cos he's so damned calm while I run around like my ar*e is on fire.

You have brilliant kids though.

I have to get mine to clean up cat pooh or each others vomit as I can't cope without throwing up. :sick: My eldest DD even cleaned up my vomit from the loo after I got drunk a few weeks ago. I have to pay them though. :lol:

Viper.

>:D<<'> Aren't children brilliant, but they are only the way they are because of great families, its not the individual that matters at times like this, its the family as a team, we're allowed to have maternal instincts that take over and turn is into a 'flappy' woman as my DP would say, we're thier Mam and they are our babies, they are a credit to you carole Edited by lil_me

Oh Carole :crying: .............I don,t envy you with the tooth situation :crying: .We go to the special dentist too, and they,ve been great.But a few months ago my son badly chipped a tooth, down to the nerve, we had to see the normal dentist.We were in there an hour :crying: ....................I don,t think I need to elaborate :crying: .Hope David is feeling better today, and Well Done Mathew :clap: .

hope davids better today carole,your little lads a brave young man to keep a cool head in an emergency,you must be very proud of him :wub:

I have a temporary filling in as we speak. I went to see a dentist over the Xmas period who found a hole, put a temporary filling over the top and then charged me 60 quid. I went back a few days later, expecting to have the rest of the nerves taken out and the tooth refilled, he told me I needed some more x-rays taken (another 40 quid) and told me to come back in January (the 16th to be precise) so I've had to not eat on one side of my mouth over this period which hasn't been fun.

He's hit me with a bill for ?2,994.50 of work that needs to be done. I've been panicking all over the Xmas period. I don't have that kind of money and no one takes on NHS adult charge exempt where I live anymore so I'll have to pay and go NHS and eat into my savings.

Alarm bells sounded in me though when I said to him "this is very steep, could I go back to NHS (I had to pay privately to be seen, as I noticed the hole late in December) and then pay for the treatment that way?" He waved his hand dismissively "this has to be done privately" but when I went on the NHS website, all of the procedures can be carried out on the NHS, provided I pay. The thing is, aside from this one tooth that was giving me trouble, nothing else hurts or aches so how do I know he isn't lying to me just to line his own pockets?

I'm seeing another dentist on the 3rd January who's NHS but I will have to pay and I'll see what he thinks. If the work does need to be done than I'll have to pay but the work I had previous was also NHS (though I didn't pay) so am I setting myself up to be in pain again down the line? My cousin works for a private dentist and she said she would rather yank her teeth out than go NHS even if she was paying because she said on the NHS, they are paid to do the job as cheaply and quickly as possible, so I don't know what to do to be honest.