Sign in to follow this  
baddad

king kong!!

Took Ben to see this today, and he was blown away! This is what CGI is all about. Wow...

There's a bit too much dinosaur action on Skull island, and sometimes it's a bit too obvious and twee but other than that it's great all the way through and the woman behind me was bawling her eyes out at the end.

And, dads - what about that Naomi Watts as Ann Darrow eh? She could tame my beast any day of the week! Move over Freckles - you've been downgraded ;)

L&P

BD ;)

PS: of this Christmas's three biggies (KK/HP/TLTWATW), the worst one in MHO was Harry Potter, so :P to you JK Rowllinginmoney...

Did anyone go and see 'The Brother's Grimm, though - we missed that one and it looked OK?

L&P

Hi Baddad

I'm jealous - when I think of the rubbish I've had to sit through to make my kids happy (Digimon and Pokemon where the total pits), and they won't go and see King Kong - what can you do with them?

Elanor

Hi,

I thought it was a 12 film? Kai keeps on at me about going to see it but he's only 7.

Loulou x

Hi loulou - it's a 12 A, which means that under twelves can go if accompanied by and adult. Ben's 8, and loved it, though there were 'scary enough for a cuddle' moments, just in case Kai's a bit jumpy...

I wouldn't mind a cuddly moment with that Naomi Watts though, eh? Phwoar, eh? eh? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no MORE! Lawks a mercy missus Miggins, whoops! not now vicar etc etc etc ad nauseum ad infinitum...... ;)

PS: of this Christmas's three biggies (KK/HP/TLTWATW), the worst one in MHO was Harry Potter, so :P to you JK Rowllinginmoney...

Did anyone go and see 'The Brother's Grimm, though - we missed that one and it looked OK?

L&P

To be fair, JK isn't responsible for the films! I sat through HP 4 twice as my son developed severe earache the first time and we didn't get to enjoy the end. I must say I thought it was the best of the HP films so far. Narnia was well done and I hope they go on to make the rest.

KK isn't really my kind of film so I'll probably give that one a miss and let dh take the children. The trailer looked a bit violent and I'm a bit of a wuss. Naomi Watts doesn't ring my bells - any decent male totty in it?

I'd like to see the Brothers Grimm as I think Jonathan Pryce is in it and he's the most talented actor ever (seen him 6 times on stage :wub: ).

There is a new Pink Panther coming out with Steve Martin in the main role - what heresy!!! (The trailer looked funny though).

K

DH took three of mine to see it yesterday. That's the good news about having Naomi Watts in it - hubbie was more than happy to take them. Kerre and I stayed at home as he's not that keen on the cinema and three hours is a long time.

Sorry Kathryn I think only males on offer are Jack Black (funny but not exactly jaw-droppingly gorgeous), and that other strange looking bloke who was in that film about a piano player - someone help me out here!

Anyway, all those who went really enjoyed it although they said it was a bit gory in places. 11 year old cried, husband felt sick during empire state building scene due to vertigo!

Barefoot

Hi,

I didn't even know that under 12's could go with an adult :oops: . There's me telling Kai he can't see it!

He's not scared of much, but he doesn't like animals being hurt (could never let him see Bambi or Watership Down!).

Maybe i'll take him to see it as a bribe for getting his hair cut!

How gory is it anyone?

Loulou x

This did,nt appeal at all , but I might make the effort and go now.It, really hard finding a film that all my kids will enjoy though, personally I love the old classics like Pride and prejudice, Wuthering Hieghts, and I loved Dick Dewey in Under the greenwood tree, Hardy,s classic :wub: , he was serious totty.Loved Tess of the D,Urbervilles to :thumbs: .

My husband and Dad went to see kk and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its too long for my son to sit through so Ill wait until it comes out on DVD.

We watched Bros Grimm on DVD at Christmas (region 1) and I really didnt fancy it but have to say it was really good.

Lorainexx

Have to agree thought HP was a load of pants!

Lewis loved King Kong and sat through the whole film no problem. The only drawbck was the start of the film where it's ridicously loud, he put his fingers in his ears and shouted out "Take cover!!" Why are cinemas so loud it drives Lewis nuts!

The best film this year was Charlie and the chocolate factory. Or perhaps it was Corpse bride!

Sadly the latter isn't on DVD yet so i can't add it to my burton collection and decide.

Guest flutter

DAS999

we were pretty much the same, although we did watch some adam sandler,

i cried, cos it was sad and i soppy she said "why are you crying" i said "it sad," she said " can i light the candle now " lol ooh and we caught up on stargate

C x