Sign in to follow this  
oracle

3 down 2 to go It gets WORSE

My eldest son got up on New Years Eve and said he felt dreaful. He did not look to good either. However he had a gig on the night and could not drop 150 people in - so he went and did his Disco. He has been ill ever since high temp, aching, sore throat and now hacking cough. I more or less started the countdown on New Years Eve and sure enough David started feeling unwell last night and is now running a high temp and feeling terrible. Matthew woke up this morning said he felt ill and he is also starting with a temperature.

That leaves the gruesome twosome left standing at the moment and I have the start of a sore throat. I really wish that eldest would change his job. He's a manager in a Call Centre and he catches everything going and then kindly gives it to us!!!!

Edited by carole

>:D<<'> Carole

Sounds like us lot over crimbo.

I caught gastric flu :sick: - passed it on to little monkey :sick: - who then gave it back to mummy :sick: -who then handed it over to hubby :sick:

We like to share :rolleyes:

I work with little germs ... opps, i mean beautiful children! Catch everything going :rolleyes:

Sorry Carole >:D<<'> , all my 3 had this over the christmas period.The only up side is you do lose your appetite ,I was hoping it might be the start of my diet , but after passing it on to both sets of grandparents me and hubby missed it :P .But never fear New Years eve we had a chinese takeaway, after consuming vast quantities of pea nuts and chinese I came down with an allergic reaction of sorts.Spent 2 days in bed covered in an itchy red rash and throwing up.Did lose half a stone though :D ...........sadly I fear it made a comeback when I had 2 helpings of lasagne tonight. :o Hope you all get better soon >:D<<'> Suzex.

Hi,

I always drink loads of orange (vit C) and eat loads of garlic when i feel like i'm coming down with something. Works for me.

Hope you don't catch it.

Loulou x

Yes well I have three males all down with it in one go. :(

Added to which our Loo decided to pack up two hours ago and just would not flush - now as a plumbers daughter i have quite a good knowledge base about these things myself. Nothing my Dad would have done worked so I called the council - who informed me that I had no chance of getting anyone out today as the Loo was not an emergency. :o I tried real hard to keep my cool and said maybe you don't quite understand I have three people in this house with a gastric flu and two of those people are autistic. Same response not an emergency. The 'lady' in question said that they would issue a ticket and try and get someone out tomorrow.

I thanked the 'lady' for her time and said that as soon as I put down the phone I would be contacting our local paper. I then put down the phone - within second I got a return call to say that someone was on their way. We needed a whole new cistern fitting. But now we are back in action which is just as well as Matthew is really quite poorly and vomiting like a whale.

Not a good day to mess with Carole - no sleep and none likely. How can a Loo not be an emergency?

Carole

When our heating went off the other day we phoned and they came out with the...'We'll try and get someone out to you tomorrow' routine. Like hell said Mrs P and pulled the multiple disablities in the house card and said TODAY! They did. I phoned them the following day (1st guy hadn't got a pump with him - fair enough) to ask 'When are they comming out?' to get 'They're busy with emergencies' routine....'Yup, I am one, let me know when' and put the phone down. Called back in 5 mins and he was here within the hour! Sometimes you just have to get tough with them!!!

Well done Carole