Sign in to follow this  
oracle

It's been a strange day

Hunni :(>:D<<'>

I'd be anrgy too - i went to a funeral a few years back and the same thing happened. I didn't feel as though any of it would have been 'her choice'. Makes it even more heartbreaking. >:D<<'>

What a cr**py way to treat your cousin - >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

A week after my friends funeral, i went to her grave and said my own goodbyes - i didn't feel like i had at the funeral, maybe you and your cousin could do that together??

>:D<<'>

>:D<<'> that must of made you feel very worried and uneasy for him,do you think he will be alright-has he got any other help from places?

dont feel to down on yourself -you cant change the way people are-although it must have been upsetting,it shows what a good person you are because you have compassion and understanding,and im sure your aunt in the spirit world could look down and see that today.

try and let the anger go-dont hold onto it,i think thats a good idea to go to the grave yourself sometime if it would make you feel better about the funeral.

Carole, >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

What a mixed bag of emotions youve had today. :tearful:

And how very sad that the family could mock his show of his feelings.

I bet you have had to bite your tongue quite a bit today.

I think Smileymabs suggestion of taking your cousin to say private goodbyes is

a great idea, especially as he will be with someone who understands him.

Take care

Brook >:D<<'>

Carole,

I feel rather choked up after reading that. :tearful::tearful:

And of course you are right, you already have enough to do, but I'm sure

you will keep an eye on him from afar. ;)

Brook >:D<<'>

Guest flutter

ohh Carole what a day >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

this life makes us all so angry cis peeps dont see it how we do and understand how distressing it all can be

hope you have a restful day, ok i know how daft that statement is carole have a restful day, but the sentiment is good

C }i{ xx

Carole >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope your feeling abit stronger now, you've had a rough couple of weeks with flu and your aunt >:D<<'>

I can totally understand where your coming from with your cousin - as you know, my mum has a dx of schizophrenia.

Last week, i was asked into school - M had been telling the teachers 'my brain/someone in my head is telling me to hurt you'. Gotta say, i was panic stricken - after watching my mum suffer, it was the last thing i want for M.

BUT - once home i talked to M about it. His explanation was so clear and made so much sense to his mind... He told me the noise at school was too much, his brain hurt from the noise and so 'his brain' was telling him to make the noise stop - by getting rid of everyone around him, and to him, no-one would want to be near him if he was nasty to them....hense the hurting people.. It is his very literal interpretation of things.. He is unable to explain this to his teachers because he's so overwhelmed at school, and 'my brain can't think hard enough to tell them, it's too confused'. :( M also said, he kept saying it, because when he did 'the teachers were nicer to him'. :(

It has got me to question my mums dx a bit - i'm in regular contact with my mums phyciatrist and i mentioned my sons dx with him - he does think it's highly likely my mum has aspergers and compounded by the fact that she now has severe depression and the drugs she's been taking for so many years have done so much damage. :( ...........I'm really not sure though.

Such an emotive subject isn't it >:D<<'>

Carole - lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I hope and :pray: that somehow your cousin will get the opportunity to receive the right diagnosis ... could you lend him any books by autistics who have travelled a similar pathway to him? I'm thinking like Wendy Lawson - although i can't remember if she was actually diagnosed with schizophrenia ...

He might register that some of his actions are similar ?

Carole - i have a dvd of one of Wendy Lawsons talks (she was wrongly diagnosed with schizophrenia for years) - if you'd like to borrow it, i'd be happy to send it to you.

xxxx