Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

Malnutrition - Scott, 20, dies from diet of chips, bread and beans

This was on the front page of the Mirror yesterday, also in The Sun and reported here

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

A 20 year old has died from cirrhosis after consuming a very restricted diet for many years.

Please consider supplementing your child if their diet is limited - vitamin & mineral drops can be added to juice without them noticing.

so sad. One of my boys use to only eat borbons but i'm glad to say he eats better now. It's scary when they don't eat my boy had vitamin drops.

Oh that is sad :-( I constantly worry about Ls diet but ensure that he gets proper supplements to his diet to ensure he gets the nutrients he needs.

Lynne

Oh that is sad :-( I constantly worry about Ls diet but ensure that he gets proper supplements to his diet to ensure he gets the nutrients he needs.

Lynne

I read the article yesterday and it does make you worry especially when you have a child that doesn't eat very well and what they do eat is limited.

We've always had problems with my daughters small appetite and unvaried diet - she always took minadex when she was little and now I give her build up when she's off her food.

CMJ I read this in the Daily Mail yesterday as well. I thought it was a shocking story and so sad. My 2 AS children have been terrible eaters, my son is better now but we still struggle with daughter. I suppose that story shows that you cannot treat your body like that for years and years.

india has a very poor diet,mainly due to her inibility to sit and eat a meal,consequently she is anaemic and on iron supplements and vitamins.