Sign in to follow this  
lainey

love this site

this site is brilliant i;ve only got this computer 2 weeks ago to help my little boy but he hasn't had a look in since we got internet i just wish i had got one earlier because when he got diagnosed i didn't have a clue who to talk to who new anything about this condition this would have been a god send anyway at least i've found out now hey and i've also enroled on a computer course i'm not letting a 6 year show me up because he is brilliant on it:

i'm not letting a 6 year show me up because he is brilliant on it:

Why not - the rest of us get shown up by our kids on the computer every day.

My son Com terrified me when he was 2 and a half by coming in and saying "Daddy there was a bomb on your computer (the bomb symbol was the early Mac icon when the system froze). But I fixed it."

And he had! :o The system had crashed so he'd shut down and rebooted the computer, found and relaunched the game he'd been playing and played it for 10 minutes before he came and told me :blink:

Computers are second nature to some AS kids.

Oh, and by the way, welcome. If you have any problems or questions that are AS related, you'll find the answers here. :thumbs:

I think all children have that familiarity with computers that we never had. Both my children are completely fearless around them. I was in my 5th year at university before I even used a word processor!

Welcome, lainey, :)

You are right it's childrens complete lack of fear around computers. I still talk to our one and give it a thump (gentle) sometimes, well it works with the tele. Welcome Lainey this forum is the best :thumbs:

Hi lainey,

Welcome to the forum,

it is so embaressing but my son is amazing on the computer and has been able to install games for ages, i didn't even know how to turn the thing on for long enough :lol: