loulou

update

Hi everyone,

Just a positive update on Kai's new school (as i'm usually moaning about something!).

He has been there for 4 months now and i cannot believe how well he is doing. He has gone from writing barely legible words to joined up hand writing! He is still 18 months behind with his reading and writing, but i'm so amazed at the speed he is progressing (i always new he was clever).

He is in an EBD school, which worried me, but he has fit in really well. They have very rigid routines and rules which seem to suit him well. His class only has 7 kids, with 4 adults, so it's just what he needs.

He has only been to "time out" twice, whereas in his mainstream school he was in trouble every day.

His teacher said he is having a positive effect on his class mates too :wub: (i would like that in writing to send to his old Head).

On the downside, he has learnt a few new swear words (which keep getting shouted out in public :oops: ) and his behaviour after school has deteriorated :( , but it's still early days so i'll persevere. The school suggested week boarding if his behaviour doesn't improve, but i don't know how i feel about that.

Loulou x

Edited by loulou

Hi Loulou,

That's fantastic news. :clap::thumbs: Well done Kai!

Sorry you're having such a hard time on the home front though.

K x

Brilliant

When my son started at a special school he advanced so fast.But initially his behaviour at home worsened.It soon settled down though so hang in there.

good news :thumbs: Well done to Kai, and how nice for him to be allowed to have a positive influence on his class mates. Hope things settle down at home soon