Sign in to follow this  
microsoft_admin

to the mods / admins can you delete this one for me plz

to the mods / admins can you delete this one for me plz

Edited by microsoft_admin

TBH I don't think some people do find it fun when important posts are being lost hun.

TBH I don't think some people do find it fun when important posts are being lost hun.

oh well i stopped the posting to bump my rank up as when i relised there was 32 pages of genral discushion but i still took over 2 pages lol

See - this is where the idea of having something like a ranking on a forum can come unstuck. Aspies like microsoft_admin here (I think he's an Aspie anyway! :unsure:) want to achieve the highest possible ranking, and find great excitement in that.

It's hard to know what should be done about this though, to keep all parties satisfied. :unsure: Maybe enforce some kind of daily post limit for all users? Say around 50?

James

Edited by Gordie

See - this is where the idea of having something like a ranking on a forum can come unstuck. Aspies like microsoft_admin here (I think he's an Aspie anyway! :unsure:) want to achieve the highest possible ranking, and find great excitement in that.

It's hard to know what should be done about this though, to keep all parties satisfied. :unsure: Maybe enforce some kind of daily post limit for all users? Say around 50?

James

I don't think I have seen spam/post count bumping here previously [unless I have forgotten or it has happened & mods have deleted it],would it be right to restrict a whole community due to this?

A post maximum could potentially stop frequent visiting members from posting topics with proper content,I think responsibility is primarily down to people as individuals,rather than with forums-there needs to be some self moderation otherwise forums would all be in a mess if they were filled with thoughtless swearing,abuse,spam,trolling etc.

Have had a look at the other posts in question,and it seems microsoft_admin wasn't told it was annoying originally,

that will be why it continued.

If post counts become a bigger issue,they could be removed within Invision.

Edited by TuX

James

50???

I can just about manage 10 a day, if that!! :lol:

50???

I can just about manage 10 a day, if that!! :lol:

:D I was just thinking about threads that turn into mini-conversations really, rather than one-off posts in lots of threads. Very few people could manage 50 of the latter per day! :lol:

James

I don't think I have seen spam/post count bumping here previously [unless I have forgotten or it has happened & mods have deleted it],would it be right to restrict a whole community due to this?

A post maximum could potentially stop frequent visiting members from posting topics with proper content,I think responsibility is primarily down to people as individuals,rather than with forums-there needs to be some self moderation otherwise forums would all be in a mess if they were filled with thoughtless swearing,abuse,spam,trolling etc.

Have had a look at the other posts in question,and it seems microsoft_admin wasn't told it was annoying originally,

that will be why it continued.

If post counts become a bigger issue,they could be removed within Invision.

sounds like a good idea to me i could definitly manige 50 a day and yes i am an aspie