Sign in to follow this  
HiLo

First Round of Assessments- Update

Well we went to the assessment Yesterday afternoon,and it was as you guys had said lots and lots of questions from birth right up to the present day.It was hard work and i was shattered :( by the end of it but thats it over and i think it went well!!Next week we have to take our son who will be assessed and videoed ,I have been told that he will have fun.After that we will meet in about five weeks time to discuss there findings and get a diagnosis.So at least its not taking to long and hopefully then we will get the help for our son :D:D

Hope everyone is Ok and thanks for the help Joyce

Joyce,

So pleased to hear it went well and the process isn't taking too long. It can be very draining, a bit like an emotional roller coaster ride. :(

Take care and keep us posted

Nellie >:D<<'>

The next appointment will be like a play session. They will see how he plays on his own, what he uses and how he uses the toys. They will see how he interacts with his parents and the assessor. We were told to bring a bag of things he likes to do, there were also toys in the clinic.

It might be a good idea to take a drink and snack along because they can get thirsty and hungery.

One step nearner to diagnosis

Jen