redberry

final assessment this morning

Thank you to all who sent replies.

Everyone at centre very very lovely. S is AS but lots of other stuff to digest too.

Even though I 'knew' it has been strange to say the least hearing some one else confirm the dx. S is pleased cos he wanted to be AS.

Husband and I just knocked back glass of red wine! Not like me at all.....

Write more maybe later.

Thanks x

F

I'm glad you got your dx. Even when it's what you're expecting it can take a while to take it all on board and come to terms with. Take your time and if you have any questions just post here.

Glad S is pleased he's AS.

Whatever you've been expecting, it does feel strange to have the dx confirmed. I'm glad S feels so positive about it, that's a good start.

You've got lots to think about - let it sink in, have more wine, and we're here when you need us. :)

K

Tak it easy and enjoy that glass of wine, even though you expected the dx it is still like a tone of bricks hitting you when it has been confirmed... Keep positive and remember we are all here for you...

best of luck

justamom

OOh hard night last night. I feel all wobbly and ready to burst into tears at the slightest thing...or nothing!

S dx was AS, tourettes and dyspraxia.

Almost fainted when the word tourettes was mentioned as S is quiet polite child..well at school at least and he might shout OH POO at times but thats his limit! Obviously found out about 5% of touretters have famous sweary shout and S has a more than ususal blink and funny turny hand movement at times. I think the way he can 'freeze' is counted as tourettte type symptom.

Just waiting for sea sick feeling and shakes to subside.

My head is saying that all is ok as we knew this already - mostly- but my heart is breaking.

I feel like I'm being unfair to S feeling this desperate. As he has not changed at all since yesterday.

Glad and grateful to have M (husband) to share. He is feeling similar.

Thank you for being out in cyber space all you kind strangers.

You are a soft place to fall.

F

redberry,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I understand the feelings. Give it time and do whatever helps you, whether that's finding out more information, or having a break from it all and doing something completely different for a while.

I haven't any experience of Tourettes but I'm pretty sure there are people here who have.

take care of yourself,

K x