Sign in to follow this  
florrie

biofeedback and audio visual integration treatment

Has anyone heard about or considered using biofeedback or audio visual integration therapy for the help the brain processing problems in asd, it is used quite widely in other countries particularly America for asd autism and brain injuries affecting processing as it help retrain the brain and helps with memory, attention impulsiveness and and depression, and other things.

Has anyone heard about or considered using biofeedback or audio visual integration therapy for the help the brain processing problems in asd, it is used quite widely in other countries particularly America for asd autism and brain injuries affecting processing as it help retrain the brain and helps with memory, attention impulsiveness and and depression, and other things.

Yes. I've heard of it.

Here is a link for anyone interested

http://www.eegspectrum.com/Applications/Autism/EEGandAutism/

Edited by research boffin1

I have read the information but it does not explain what it is. Can someone explain it and is it available in the UK

Jen

If you press on introduction to neurofeedback on the left hand side column, it gives more information , it is available in the uk but isn't very cheap, although i have heard people on another american forum i go on do get improvements.

I f you press on domestic and international providers of neurofeedback you should find a practitioner who uses, there are a lot of these types of neuro treatments around, I know you can buy a small aduiovisual integration thing for around 200 dollars, but i would want to be sure that it would give results before i did that I can't explain how it works very well, but what i have read did make sense to me, they have also done articles in the american neuroscience magazine that I have read

Have n ot looked into AV aspects that much, but have a bit of info on audio integration and reducing hypersensitive hearing. There are two types of AIT that are recommended for ASD - Tomatis and Berard.

Here's an explanation of why you should seek a Berard practitioner

http://www.autismwebsite.com/ARI/treatment/tomatis.htm

Not exactly on topic, but I just thought I'd throw that in.

Dr Bev Steffert does it in UK tel 01223 528755