Guest Frangipani

Why Geese Fly in V Formation

Guest hallyscomet
"IF WE HAVE AS MUCH SENSE AS GEESE" by Hugo McCord

A goose is any of a group of long-necked, web-footed, wild or domestic birds that are like ducks but larger; especially a female of this group; distinguished from gander), named for its wide bill or beak. If we have as much sense as geese, "What We Can Learn From Geese"

Fact No. 1
As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift draft for the bird following. By flying in a "V" formation, the whole flock adds a greater flying range than if one bird flew alone.
The lesson: People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they're going quicker and more easily because they are traveling on the strength of one another.

Fact No. 2
Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to fly alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird immediately in front.
The lesson: If we have as much sense as geese, we will stay in formation and be willing to accept help when we need it and give help when it is needed. And; that we should "be willing to accept help when we need it" I have rejoiced greatly in the Lord, that now at last you have revived your concern for me, for though you indeed were concerned, you had no opportunity.
We should be willing to "give help when it is needed" remember the words of the Lord Jesus, who said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive"

Fact No. 3
When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation, and another goose flies in the point position.
The lesson: Geese instinctively share the task of leadership and do not resent the leader. Geese "instinctively share the task of leadership,"

Fact No. 4
The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.
The lesson: We need to make sure our honking from behind is encouraging and not something else.

Fact No. 5
When a goose gets sick, is wounded or is shot down, two geese drop out of formation and follow it down to earth to help and protect it. They stay with their disabled companion until it is able to fly again or dies. They then launch out on their own or with another formation or catch up with the flock.
The lesson: If we have as much sense as geese, we, too, will stand by one another in difficult times and help the one who has dropped out regain his place in the formation.

Fact No. 6
Fact No. 6 should also be presented. The practical, sensible, and unselfish qualities of geese are not accidental. Certainly they are by instinct (an "inborn tendency to behave in a way characteristic of a species," Webster), but what caused the physical chemicals making up the body of a goose to have an "inborn tendency" to (1) have a "sense of community" with other geese, and (2) to stay in formation, and (3) to share leadership and (4) to "honk from behind to encourage those up front", and (5) to "stand by one another in difficult times"
It is not complimentary to a man of science to say that instinct originated by accident, along with life itself, in a primordial stagnant pool of water, and eventually evolved into to a goose and a gander. The "big bang" guess, giving us this beautiful and orderly universe, somebody said, is as likely as "a tornado going through a junkyard" and making "a Boeing 747." One has to agree with David, "Fools say in their hearts," "There is no god" (Psalm 14:1; 53:1).
Edited by hallyscomet

The "big bang" guess, is as likely as making "a Boeing 747.

And no-one has ever done that before :whistle:

(by the way, the' "big bang" guess' is not a guess, but a theory based on large amounts of evidence, and infinitely more likely than the bible's statement that the universe is only 6,000 years old)

It's one of the arguments from advocates of Intelligent Design. They say that evolution making animals like us, lobsters etc. is about as likely as a tornado going though a scrapheap and making a Boeing 747. But of course evolution doesn't work like that, it works randomly in small steps.

It's one of the arguments from advocates of Intelligent Design. They say that evolution making animals like us, lobsters etc. is about as likely as a tornado going though a scrapheap and making a Boeing 747. But of course evolution doesn't work like that, it works randomly in small steps.

Except of course for things like bats... which given the complexity of their sonar systems and the adaptations of various organs/body parts needed to make it work take the theory of evolution, tear it into tiny pieces and pee all over it!! ;):devil::devil: Don't know whether that's creationism or quantumleapism, but evolution it aint!

L&P

BD

Hi >:D<<'>

Just to things to add Imagine if you here a big bang you wonder who or what made the big bang???

As for the theory of evolution it was push by Darwin just as a theory and still is.. it has been exploited by many to get read of religion and establish secular principals, and the problem with that theory is no matter how the steps are small and the evolution random there are far too many missing links, beside science keep changing our understanding so fast that what was consider true yesterday or today may not be tomorrow how much can we trust this. :devil:

This is why I rather like to be a creationist, after all the creation theory may present itself differentlyaccording to the religion you belong but the main principal has been the same for many many years.... beside science does not go against religion but bigottery does.

And science does not go against religion arrogant science does.

Please this is just thought no offences should be taken. :oops:

Take care all. :)

Malika.

What if God created the Big Bang .... he could have!

And anyway if there wasn't a creator why is it that archaeologists, geologists and scientists suddenly discover things at the same time. Someone must have put the idea there..........

..........he has PLANS.....we just haven't got there yet

(Disclaimer: These are only my views and are not meant to represent the views of the establishment :D )

Who or what created 'God' then? I know some will say that God just IS but that's not good enough for me I'm afraid.

Ahaaaaaaaaa....THE ETERNAL QUESTION .... and if I could answer that one I'd be on every Talk Show in the world :D

My own theory is that no one created God, neither that God just IS ..... but then God is not a person as such ....... God is an intelligence.

Perhaps God is the combination of all intelligences in the universe ... as time is irrelevant and we were supposedly created in the image of God ... then God is what we all become in the future ..... but because we are then God we can create a past, present and future ..... perhaps God is everything, perhaps God is nothing ..........

Oh for goodness sake ... see you've got me waffling on now and I should be writing a press release about a hairdresser ..... who is not God ... but maybe she is .......... :D

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Peace.

Well the way I beleive is that our creator has put inside our heart and soul a need to worship if we are lucky (this is my view of course) we worship the only one worth of worship and who created us.

If we are less lucky we end up worshiping a football team a band or our parents (very rare today) and if we are even less lucky we start worshiping science and become an arrogant, (not always) forgetting who gave us the ability to think and analysed. :P

God is not a limited human he is power, light, intelligence something our limited brain cannot work out completly but above all HE is the best of planner, HE does not need us we need him. :D

God has given us a little share of everything HE is and "Satan" has no power in himself except the one to wisper and convince us through his constant wispering to do bad. :devil:

Take care.

Malika.

Guest hallyscomet

Well said Malika, I agree. But others would choose to disagree, but that is your choice and your right :D

H.

Hi Halley and all, >:D<<'>

Quite rightly we are free to chose as God has given us "free will" but enough intelligence to think and observe the worlds He has created. :D

Long time ago I was an atheist and an old lady in Italy kept saying to me what a shame you don't beleive in God you have a good heart and I will keep praying for you for God to give you faith... :wub: I wish she could talk to me now to see her prayer answered may be in a different way but still I was ferociosly against any form of religion..... :oops: Never say never..... ;)

Take care all.

Malika.

Christianity, like most religions, can be a force for good or evil, it is up to the free will of the believer which parts of the Holy Law to believe. There are very few Christians nowadays who believe that all disbelievers should be put to the sword, slavery is acceptable, that villages should be wiped out because some of their children were rude, that all statuary is a mortal sin, etc. etc.

In the same way, most Christians do not believe in Intelligent Design for exactly the same reasons that most did not believe the world was flat and the centre of the universe, even though that was what the church taught. Intelligent design is a theory that precludes study, questioning and debate and encourages ignorance. By saying that it is all part of God's ineffable (unknowable) plan we are told to accept what we are told and not to question and learn. In my book this is a sin, and another example of how fundamentalism is trying to take us back to the Middle Ages.

According to Intelligent design, there are 153 species of fish in the world (taken from biblical sources); according to science there are over 54,000. I know which I think is more likely...

Baddad - "Don't know whether that's creationism or quantumleapism, but evolution it aint!" :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, right! :P

I am reminded here of a quote by Richard Dawkins:-

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

That says it all for me :)

Edited by ~Jonathan~

Religion and science can and do go hand in hand all the time. Buddhism is very open to scientific breakthroughs, that's one example.