Guest Frangipani

The feel good thread

Guest hallyscomet

Hi >:D<<'>

I was reflecting on the last words of the verse of Greatest Love of all, and the Words of the Poem " Welcome to Holland" and feel they both have the same meaning, and feeling. I love both of these, for that reason. i.e. It can be a lonely place until you find the strength to look for the positives in it all. >:D<<'> :wub:

George Bensons song Greatest Love of All,

And, if by chance, that special place

That you've been dreaming of

Leads you to a lonely place

Find your strength in love

Love

Hailey

x

Hi Researchbuffin,

Thanks for this link, looks really good. I just tried the order link and it doesn't seem to be working, can you check.

Thanks again

I am sure from everyone who read this. :D

H.

Hi,

It seems to work OK to me. Near the bottom you click the line for international customers and it takes you off to the payment form. Hey, maybee if it doesn't work thats good too cos you save money. :lol: :>) Sorry its late at night and been a long day. Hope it works for you.

That is a brilliant thread.....

My story is...that we had parents evening recently and were told that Nick who now is dx with Aspergers has reached top marks in reading already....what a amazing result...even for a foreigner who's still learning English.

The thread itself was making me having tears....and let me think.

Love,

SylvXXX

Guest hallyscomet
Sylv:My story is...that we had parents evening recently and were told that Nick who now is dx with Aspergers has reached top marks in reading already....what a amazing result...even for a foreigner who's still learning English.

Very proud Mummy moment >:D<<'> :wub:

Welcome Sylv, >:D<<'>

PAULA:I used to attend a special group for pre school kids with special needs.Theire motto was small steps.Our kids take small steps but the direction is the same and they get there in the end.I try to remember that when it all seams hopeless.

Was reading this again, thanks Paula. Thats what this thread is about sharing our some of our personal experiences like this, quotes like this, that really help us through the tough times, this is really positive.

Thanks for sharing Paula.

Edited by hallyscomet

Thank you all this is so encouraging, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> you are right Paula not everybody can run and does it really matter how fast progress are made!! :)

:robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::rolleyes::rolleyes::wub::wub:

Love to all.

Malika.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi All,

Found this on "Mozart and the Whale"

"Mozart and the Whale" is a movie projected to come out in a few months, loosely based on the life of AHA/AS/PDD's advisory board member Jerry Newport and his wife Mary. Jerry has authored two books, Your Life is Not a Label: A Guide to Living Fully with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome and along with Mary, Autism - Asperger's and Sexuality: Puberty and Beyond. The article below is from the fall edition of the AHA/AS/PDD newsletter: On The Spectrum.

http://www.aspires-relationships.com/artic..._difference.htm

H.

Are we still doing Feel Good songs because mine is "Don't stop thinking about Tomorrow" by Fleetwood Mac. I like the chorus especially.

If you wake up and don't want to smile,

If it takes just a little while,

Open your eyes and look at the day,

You'll see things in a different way.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,

Don't stop, it'll soon be here,

It'll be, better than before,

Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Why not think about times to come,

And not about the things that you've done,

If your life was bad to you,

Just think what tomorrow will do.

All I want is to see you smile,

If it takes just a little while,

I know you don't believe that it's true,

I never meant any harm to you.

Don't you look back,

Don't you look back.

(Written by christine mcvie)

I just love that song, it really cheers me up :D

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Guest hallyscomet
Are we still doing Feel Good songs because mine is "Don't stop thinking about Tomorrow" by Fleetwood Mac. I like the chorus especially.

I just love that song, it really cheers me up :D

Absolutely, you keep posting them in and as I find them I will add them to the list, just put yours on DaisyProudfoot. :dance::dance: I love that song too, it does give you a lift and make you feel like dancing.

Anyone reading this........come on; post your song on here and I will add it to our "Feel Good list" :) okay >:D<<'>

Love Hailey

x

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet
Our Feel Good Song List

1. The Greatest Love of All - George Benson / or Whitney Houston requested by Hailey

2. Hero - Mariah Carey req.by Paula

3. Proud - Heather Small req. by Kathryn

4. You are my destiny - Lionel Ritchie req.by Kirstie

5. Search for the Hero Inside yourself - M People req. by Carole

6. Anything of Laura Branigan's - req. by Rays son :lol:

7. "Dont stop thinking about tomorrow" - Fleetwood Mac - requested by DaisyProudfoot

8. "You are the sunshine of my life" - Stevie Wonder - req. by Curra

I will keep adding your favourites as you post them in. In no particular order of preference :)

HC x

SEE POST PAGE 29 FOR THE UPDATED LIST

Here is our list and growing......... as you post your favourite feel good song's. Look at Post page 29 for the original list, that I keep editing, as this one doesn't update as I add more :)

Hailey

:)

Edited by hallyscomet

:dance:

Quote: Curra. His whole life has been so far a wonderful story! He is a miracle in my life

Thanks Curra My sister had a child later too, a lovely time to have a child as all the worries of starting out are usually already organised and in place so you can really enjoy your child. >:D<<'> Do you have a song that comes to mind when you think of your child, let me know and we could put it on our list. :) Love Hailey xx

Hailey,

The old song " You are the sunshine of my life" from the 60s or 70s :dance::dance: (I don't remember all the words). The joy of being his mum has certainly been greater than the tears. He's also in the top set in English although it's his second language. He's got an amazing memory, loves reading and makes beautiful drawings.:clap::wub:

Curra (very proud mum)

Guest hallyscomet

Thats a beautiful story Curra,

Yes I know that song its sung by Stevie Wonder - I have the CD

Will add it to the list, now. Thanks again for sharing on our "Feel Good" thread....

Love Hailey

xx

Guest hallyscomet
Hi,

I think why I posted this story, http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/article4.php

is I like to read the "positive stories" of ASD children those that have had some success and have found something that is working for them.

I was wondering if this thread could be used like a place for these types of 'feel good' stories, giving us hope and a sense of community spirit, and even about some of the Support Groups you have attended, anything positive you have taken from those.

I remember one support group I attended - they started the meeting by playing the song "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston, there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

Recently it was my birthday; and my kids know I love George Benson well thats one CD they gave me for my birthday and it has George Benson -Original Version of "Greatest love of All" he is the best. You have to sit and listen to this song, and reflect on our ASD child/ren and NT children.

Just copied George Bensons version for you to enjoy. Whitneys is certainly more powerful :D

http://www.jesterradio.com/lyrics/georgebe...stloveofall.htm

Can we share some feel good stories like these >:D<<'> and any stories like the above, thanks for sharing. >:D<<'>

Love Hailey

Go through those scrapbooks there may be an article worth posting here, you can bring onto to 'Feel Good Thread" and stories and songs Poems, art or kids drawings. To do with ASD. Bring a bit of sunshine here.....

Post here please....

From all of us. :) thank you for sharing :wub:

Edited by hallyscomet

We've already got one by Mr. Wonder but I'd like to request another. Its called "As" and its my alltime favourite song which always makes my heart soar even when everything feels negative. I've put the lyrics but you really need to hear it if you havnt already. Its been covered loads but Stevies is the original and best I think.

As around the sun the earth knows she?s revolving

And the rosebuds know to bloom in early may

Just as hate knows love?s the cure

You can rest your mind assure

That I?ll be loving you always

As now can?t reveal the mistery of tomorrow

But in passing will grow older every day

Just as all is born is new

Do you know what I say is true

Until the rainbow burns the stars out in the sky

Always

Until the ocean covers every mountain high

Always

Until the dolphin flies and parrots live at sea

Always

Until we dream of life and life becomes a dream

Did you know that true love asks for nothing

Her acceptance is the way we pay

Did you know that life has given love a guarantee

To last through forever and another day

Just as time knew to move on since the beginning

And the seasons know exactly when to change

Just as kindness knows no shame

Know through all your joy and pain

As today I know I?m living but tomorrow

Could make me the past but that I mustn?t fear

For I?ll know deep in my mind

The love of me I?ve left behind

Cause I?ll be loving you always

Until the rainbow burns the stars out in the sky

Always

Until the ocean covers every mountain high

Always

Until the dolphin flies and parrots live at sea

Always

Until we dream of life and life becomes a dream

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Gromit,

I have put your song on the list, see Post 29.

The words are like Poetry, I am trying to remember how that one goes, Stevie Wonder has written so many beautiful songs.

There truly are some lovely "Feel Good" songs coming in....

Thank you Gromit

Hailey :)

Guest hallyscomet

If you have time to read this it will take about 15 mins :P but worth the read :lol::lol::wub:

"Say it loud, Autistic and proud"

H.

my feel good song is high by the lighthouse family

when your close to tears remember

some day it will all be over

one day we gonna get so high

even the impossible

is easy when we got each other

i love that song,lovely thread hailey,are you always positive?im trying to be,your thread has perked me up

Guest hallyscomet
my feel good song is high by the lighthouse family

when your close to tears remember

some day it will all be over

even the impossible

is easy when we got each other

i love that song,lovely thread hailey,are you always positive?im trying to be,your thread has perked me up

Hi Hev, this is such a beautiful song, I will pop it on the list on Page 29.......

You ask am I always positive, pretty much so, but I really have to work at it. I have learned the importance of setting goals for myself and my family - to be happy......what can I do, to help this manifest....

I guess you could say I am a course junkie :) on communication, self esteem, personal development as my ex left when my son was diagnosed with Autism at age 4 and my daughter was only two. So I needed to learn all of this to get my life back on track, and it really helped, I guess I find this as a coping skill......

If you think positive, read positive stuff and naturally I think you trick your mind into believing this stuff is possible; if you are feeling down. From my experience; looking for this sort of positive influence and material always "lifts my spirits".....so, I wanted to share that.........as I can see a lot of people on this forum, going through various stages of grief and acceptance and struggles after a marriage breakup, or newly diagnosed ASD or feeling a failure or exhausted and desperate, and I guess the reason I wanted to start this thread, was for people to bring "Love and Light & Faith & Hope into the equation,......totake their mind off their troubles for a while.

As I have learned over time, from a saying "What You Focus On Grows Grows Grows........sometimes its easy to get all consumed by sadness and the difficulties that life can dish out to us........this can really take its toll on us causing depression and all sorts of other illnesses.

So I was hoping this thread could be a reminder to all the parents on here, to don't forget to take time out to look after yourself.... look at the positives in everything, you will always feel better. You have to make a conscious decision to say to yourself, I am going to make my life as beautiful as a Kaleidescope, just thinking about life like that, starts the creative energy in you to flow.....thats what I would like to remind people here about, that it is possible to start living life like this again.....

Just looking at some of the songs and listening to some of those is enough to lift ones spirits, things like this can heal broken hearts or wounds.

There are a lot of positive stories on the internet about Autism if you go browsing, so I was hoping as people found them or stuff from support groups, anything that made them feel good, they could post it here, so if anyone is having a really bad day or just generally feeling sad, they know they will find something here that will lift their spirits. People worry so much.....time to take a deep breath.......slow down,.......enjoy the journey.......I hope on this thread one thing they will find, is how wonderful they are, and life, and their children.

So calling this the "Feel Good Thread" you are looking to find something to make you feel GOOD, so come on everyone, throw some sunshine in this thread......lots of us want to find it easily....... :lol::lol::D

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry about the essay Hev, but that basically sums it up :wub:

Love Hailey

x

Guest hallyscomet

Here is something you will enjoy music by Steve Halpern, highly regarded Sound Therapist, I learned a lot about sound therapy to assist my boy with ASD.

All benefit from this music. Inner Peace music, great to do meditation to, or yoga or just to calm the environment in your home:)

If you go to the prompt "sound healing": you will see a disk for "Caregivers" have a listen, the enjoy listening to all the tracks.

http://www.innerpeacemusic.com/

H. :D just lay back and relax. Especially if you have forgotten what that word is. :lol::lol:

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet

Hello again,

Gosh I am annoying :lol::lol:

Come on :dance::dance::lol:

Now, get off that computer, go and walk for 20 mins Power walk. :lol::lol::dance::dance:

or guys do 50 push ups :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::lol::lol::lol: or dust off those weights and get those abs working.

No excuses :shame: ... if it is snowing, put on your snow gear, if its raining take an umbrella and don't forget the Galloshers, the best part is jumping in the puddles :lol: - no excuses :shame:

Way to go.....

Failing all the above, how about some gentle Yoga stretches to some nice classic music. ;) or dancing around the house to some of your old favourites :)

If its all too much, what about meditation for 20 mins, or go and book yourself into an hours massage.

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet
The Ten Commandments for Parents of Handicapped Children

1. Take one day at a time, and take that day positively. You don't have control over the future, over today, or over any other day, and neither does anyone else. Other people just think they do.

2. Never underestimate your child's potential. Allow him, encourage him, expect him to develop to the best of his abilities.

3. Find and allow positive mentors: parents and professionals who can share with you their experience, advice, and support.

4. Provide and be involved with the most appropriate educational and learning environments for your child from infancy on.

5. Keep in mind the feelings and needs of your spouse and your other children. Remind them that this child does not get more of your love just because he gets more of your time.

6. Answer only to your conscience: then you'll be able to answer to your child. You need not justify your actions to your friends or the public.

7. Be honest with your feelings. You can't be a super-parent 24 hours a day. Allow yourself jealousy, anger, pity, frustration, and depression in small amounts whenever necessary.

8. Be kind to yourself. Don't focus continually on what needs to be done. Remember to look at what you have accomplished.

9. Stop and smell the roses. Take advantage of the fact that you have gained a special appreciation for the little miracles in life that others take for granted.

10. Keep and use a sense of humor. Cracking up with laughter can keep you from cracking up from stress.

Author Unknown

One other thing, it IS possible Jane austin had AS - my daughter (AS)is extremely astute and very very good at social commentary ie she understands very complex emotional issues and behaviours caused by them, but mostly when its on tv or film (as an observer) she is however, not often able to 'act' out this understanding in her own life. This is one of the things that has always baffled me about her. She knows what's acceptable and what's not and what causes offence or upset, (it can be extremely sophistocated stuff and beyond her years if she were nt, let alone AS, but still she is so perceptive) and she can spot who dunnit a mile off! She was only dx just before xmas at 13 yrs age it took so long to get to the bottom of it because in so many ways she is so intelligent and sensitive to nuances many nts aren't.

This is an aspect of AS I find fascinating, and devastating, but I don't know how common it is.

Sue

xx

Sue,

I also don't know how common it is, but I see it in my son as well. He's very keen to analyse and understand literature, he can tell you the why's and how's of characters and their interactions as well as tell you what the author says about society - BUT in his social relationships, he's totally clumsy: he doesn't seem to see what others want, need and expect of him, or he doesn't react to other people's body language. How can this be explained??/ :blink:

Hailey, I love reading your feel good posts! :D I've just copied your ten commandments and sent them to a friend. Keep the positive ball rolling.... :groupwave:

Curra >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet
Hailey, I love reading your feel good posts! I've just copied your ten commandments and sent them to a friend. Keep the positive ball rolling.... :groupwave:

Curra

Thanks Curra, will do :D:lol::lol:

Love

Hailey

x

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

Just bumping for some of the new members. Some interesting stories on here an 'Feel Good stuff"

Hailey >:D<<'>