hev

big loud voice

the minute steve gets up from the minute ge goes to bed he is LOUD!! i put my 2 year old to bed and he goes thundering up the stairs singing hysterically at top of his voice :crying:

im in the kitchen and he will come up behind me and literally scream boo in my ear,i know its done to annoy me,ive tried to ignore but hes hysterical with it,i cant hear myself think,his latest little joke,ha ha,is to sneak up behind me and kick my backside and then laugh extremely loudly for what seems like forever :wub:

hes doing it all jokingly,theres no nastiness in it really but my god i wish he would stop it,please tell me you are all living with this level of noise,i will fill so much better then!!

Hi Hev,

I live with it too :blink: . Alex has always been the same.....loud. He's always had a deep voice as well. We hardly noticed when it broke :o .

I long to live in a nice quiet house :pray: .

Annie

>:D<<'>

BOO - He also does the trying to frighten me thing.... i wish i could pretend to be having a heart attack from the fright or something but he wouldn't get it and probably walk over me to turn the telly up...

Same in our household,Keegan is also very loud he says random sayings very loudly, we never get to watch a telly programme without interprution because he is always muttering something, its hard to concentrate on a conversation when he is talking loudly.

He talks to himself all the time our house is very loud all of the time and i feel sorry for my neighbours

justamom

my little chap has a very screechy voice, not v high pitched, but pitched perfectly to go straight thro you!

I am on a Hanen course at the mo for encouraging communication, but what these lovely SALT's don't quite get is that sometimes you just don't want them to be shouting - no matter what word it is!!!!!

Oh hev.... >:D<<'>

Luke can be very loud at certain times, usually in the evening leading up to bed time. He does a scream (for absolutely no reason) followed by hysterical laughter; then when I ask him to stop in a calm voice, he screams at me then starts laughing again. I don't know sometimes if he just can't help himself or if he's doing it to wind me up... maybe a bit of both. Most of the time I try to ignore it but it does wear you down after a while and makes me feel like screaming too. :fight: Thankfully he is quiet in the mornings; I really really sympathise with you hev, if he was doint it all day I'd want to leave home >:D<<'>

Perhaps we should add a sound proof silent area for chilling out to our Autopia plans??

Lauren

Hi Hev,

This rings a bell!!! My daughter has always had a loud voice. Even when she's not trying to be loud she just is and it can be very embarrassing when we're out. If someone takes too long in front of us in a queue she will just come out with "Why can't they hurry up?" in her normal (loud!) voice and we get some really dirty looks.

Having said that, it can be funny too - we were once buying tickets to get into the cinema wqhen she was about 9 and I asked for two and a half to see what ever it was and she piped up straight away, in a really disgruntled, loud voice, "Two adults and a child you mean - I'm not a half a person, I'm a proper person you know!" and the chap behind started to laugh and agreed with her. I was just praying he didn't go on too much before he got a mouthful about being rude and interrupting other people's conversations.

:lol::lol:

I have to say the noise really gets to me sometimes though. She will come up behind me too and start singing at the top of her lungs, or just make a really loud sound I know it's awful but sometimes i think I can't win because if she's in a bad mood it's awful but if she's in a good mood the noise is incredible too :o:fight:

Bless her, she can't win either with a mother like me who's never coped well with loud noises. I literally freeze up and go into anaphlactic shock, frothing at the mouth, head spinning round on shoulders. It can render me dumb.

Take care, I can hear her dulcet tones now, hammer drilling their way through the brickwork and drifting up through the ceiling into the flat of my long-suffering and lovely neighbour.... got to go..

Sue

xx

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Hev, >:D<<'>

My son does that loud Autism shrill scream they talk about, and that is usually when he hasn't had his tablet, he can revert to this little preschooler eyes are glassy and looks like a happy drunk, and does all those things you said, running around the house, teasing you, screaming laughing, it brings a tear to my eyes when I see him like this. I have to keep him under lock and key otherwise he would run out in the street and do it, and I its a really LOUD shrill and he's 6ft 1" now and almost 90 Kilo too big for me to tackle to stop :lol::lol::lol: without his meds it scares me where he would be...possibly unable to live with us at home.... :(

Love Hailey

x

Oh Yes, we have the BOO thing too! :blink: Lewis has always had a very high pitched and loud voice. It is slightly better than when he was younger when he would do the highest pitched screams i had ever heard, seriously it was enough to shatter glass and he would do it on the bus, we had some looks! He is also a crier, he cries at the drop of a hat and really loudly. I used to be so demented but then maybe he was too what with busy shops and buses and me none the wiser he had ASD :crying: