Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Feel like i'm fighting a lossing battle!!!!

I am really fed up tonight. I feel like I am always fighting a losing battle and sometimes just think to HELL with it i am gonna give up and hand over all the responsibility to my dh. Have just had a huge row with him because I feel that he is not taking enough action in OUR sons life in general. The school incident (posted in education) was dismissed and i was told that i over reacted, am too protective and must let him get on and learn from his mistakes.

Yeah, ok those things could be done by a "normal" child but hey he is not normal he has AS and he does not learn from these situations... I feel that he is being to passive and not taking enough action, and he feels that i am taking too much action. Where do you draw the line....

We agree to disagree!! But my son cannot stick up for himself and I feel as parent that is my job and i will do it to the best of my ability and i will not stand for unfair treatment against my son... I am not blind i know that he is not an angel - but why wont anybody see my side of things... GOD i need a holiday...

Sorry to go off on one... Anyone out there with some advice for me.

Justamom

Hi JAM

I think it was the ###### eclipse that set us all off. :fight:

You are a mum. Sticking up for your son is what we do! >:D<<'>

It is natural for men to try and get us to cut the apron strings a bit with the kids, because of the natural order and such - but I think that is pretty usual in most relationships for there to be conflict about this.

Go and have a nice soak in the bath and try and calm yourself - men are definately wired up differently. :blink:

Having said that - please, all the men on the forum - please don't take umbrage and think I am having a go at men - :lol:

I know how you feel I often tell my hubby I may as well be on my own.He does try( most of the time) but he just doesn't get it,that I have most of the responsability for my son.If I go off on one,when I get stressed I get offered a hug,I should be grateful but really!!!.I went to the gp finally last week and he did a load of tests but said he would not be surprised if nothing showed as I am totally stressed and doing too much on my own. I told my H but he reacted as if I were telling a friend or neighbour,all sympathy,no solutions..aaarg :wallbash:

To all the men on the board..I know you all don't live in la la land where a hug solves everything....

I do love him really..but my patience is wearing thin.

Edited by asereht

Guest hallyscomet

Hi J

Have you read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" by John Gray, it explains everything :lol::lol::lol::lol:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Take care

Love

Hailey

I know how you feel I often tell my hubby I may as well be on my own. He does try (most of the time) but he just doesn't get it, that I have most of the responsability for my son. If I go off on one,when I get stressed I get offered a hug,I should be grateful but really!!!.

I could have written that except sometimes I don't even get the hug :crying: