baddad

WHAT Friday?????

By 8.45 this morning Ben had managed to break the hinge on the door of the 'fast freeze' section of the Fridge Freezer (looking for bread), tear a hole in the seat of my armchair (jumping up and down while playing on PS2) and irrepairably tangle his new slinky (this one fared better than most - probably managed a total playing time greater than 10 minutes - marginally!)...

Anybody else enjoying Good Friday this much??

L&P

BD :D

PS: Anyone got a nice, quiet little girl they want to swap for an 8 year old boy? It would just be nice occassionally to hear the words 'pardon me' AFTER blowing off, rather than 'Cor! Sniff this' immediately BEFORE the event :(. We can swap back when they get to around 12/13 - not because boys get any easier (that starts at around 35, I think), but because girls get much, much harder...)

PPS: Has anyone any experience of small boys and neutering? I know it calms down dogs and cats, etc, but not sure of its efficacy on kids??

PPPS: Anyone got a half decent 3 seater and armchair they want to get rid of? Willing to swap with PS2 and/or small, male child with 'sunny' disposition ( ;)) and broken slinky...

l8rs, t8rs

BD :D:P

Aw...poor old Bads!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to disappoint, but small girls are just as bad in the farting department! :ph34r::lol:

On the bright side, by the time he gets to nearly 17, you won't see him at all apart from meals and when he wants money...that's if Auriel is anything to go by :lol:;)

AND, so far my day has been lovely!! :P

Boho Bid :D

>:D<<'> Bads >:D<<'>

I'll second that Bid :thumbs: . In our house, destructo-time is also halved because Alex doesn't surface 'til after midday :rolleyes: .

Mind you, DH has recently finished decorating the whole house, for some reason Alex's bedroom door fell off!!! None of the other doors have fallen off, only his :unsure: . A solid brass door knocker 'broke' when Alex used it a while back ('cos he'd lost his front door key for about the 20th time). Alex swears he's not heavy handed and that these things 'just happen' :wacko: .

Annie

xx

Bads :lol:

Your son sounds like Luke, re the 'blowing off'. The other week Luke was talking to his Grandma on the phone and I looked over and he was holding the phone to his rear end while he blew a St Bernard down the ear piece :D Then he politely said to her her 'Did you hear that? I've just sent you a fart down the phone' :lol:

He's such a charmer

Lauren

Then he politely said to her her 'Did you hear that? I've just sent you a fart down the phone' :lol:

He's such a charmer

Lauren

delightful, aren't they??

Broken homes:

Freezer door will be the third replacement (though I'll buy now and wait until he breaks the other hinge too).

Kitchen door hinge has to be regularly drilled and filled.

Kitchen unit door hangs by thread

Kitchen chairs have been redrilled/screwed/filled

Kitchen table leg bolts regularly checked/hammered straight/tightened.

3 Piece - third in four years.

Washing machine door. Now on 4th.

etc etc etc etc...

Sometimes I look around Chateau Badders and think (as i have regularly over the years) 'I really must get around to redecorating'... Then I look at the dirty handprints up the walls, the torn upholstery, the fixtures and fittings hanging on by the skin of their teeth and think 'no, I'll just wait until Ben's a little less "enthusiastic"'...;)

On the UPSIDE: He IS my excuse for the house looking like a pigsty, and if it's a choice between devestation or housework, well give me a bomb site every time!!

LHTB >:D<<'> :D;)

BD :wub:

Oooh well I have a 'delightful' 4 year old and she finds farting funnier than Logan does - and burping, and she likes to try and teach him how to pretend to burp - and because he doesn't understand but thinks the noise is funny its encouraging to her ;-)

Second the what friday though - we've had about 3 hours sleep total since Wednesday because for some reason he's been a bit hyper!

Lynne x

We live in the windy city which does not have pong :sick::lol:

All three of mine two ASD and one with un-diagnosed dyspraxia would do well in the demolition derby.

Kitchen chairs are being glued back together on a weekly basis. David has fell through the floor boards at the top of the stairs twice :o Broke his re-enforced steel bed at least 4 times now :o:o . Because he throws himself onto his bed we have to re-new the mattress at least every six month. David has also pulled the cooker door off it's hinges while trying to open it and between he and Rob they managed to collapse the two seater sofa on our last suite :tearful:

I don't have any girls but my stepdaughter usually manages to leave her mark when she visits. I often find a ground in lipstick or eyeshadow on the sofa or floor. She fiddles with her makeup ALL of the time - and I often prefer the smell of the wind to the smell of her multi-different perfumes that she also likes to fiddle about with. It's to the point now that Matthew checks her bag and removes the smelly offenders :lol:

Oracle

:lol: ..........well the dog caused the destruction this morning......ran off across the field chasing canada geese then came tear arsing back into the kitchen covered in mud and wagging it everywhere.All over me too who was still in her pjamas :o .My big lump of a lad likes to swing on the kitchen cupboard doors.........hence they,ve all been re-screwed.Pulled the rail off in his wardrobe.....so consequently all his clothes are now screwed up in a heap.His biggest thing though is taking drinks and meals to his room.This morning there were no cups in the cupboard I found six in his room amongst the dirty socks ,lego , tractors,bolser wood on his bedroom floor...........definitely a bomb site.

I've just spent a good half hour scraping plasiticine of the carpets. The stains left behind have made our natural coloured carpet into a multi coloured rainblow drop affect (similar to 80's habitat design)

Lauren

I've just spent a good half hour scraping plasiticine of the carpets. The stains left behind have made our natural coloured carpet into a multi coloured rainblow drop affect (similar to 80's habitat design)

Wow maybe this could be a career choice for him - interior design. He could make a fortune with the right handling :lol:

Oracle

Wow maybe this could be a career choice for him - interior design. He could make a fortune with the right handling :lol:

Oracle

Carole,

I'd be happy to send him to yours for the weekend to do a makeover. :P Mates rates aswell :lol:

Guest flutter

could swap with pre teen girl who is slowly killing my house,

i think that there are 2 def, dead dining chairs, table finished, but we still using, doors ?!?!

fridge is full of dents, but cat did some, lol

we asked about castration at vets but they said it infringed human rights ,but i said i was happy about it. :D we have been in this house 2 yrs in august and we have been through 3 sofas the first one was hubbies and he nearly cried even though he bought it second hand for a fiver 3 yrs ago.[green fake leather 2 seater.]we now have a day bed from ikea.once dh mum got us a 1960 sofa someone had kept in their bedroom.for 40 yrs it lasted 4 wks first they broke it then adam weed all over it whilst running along it.now dh growls at kids if they even bounce on a sofa. :D

ive been out to stockley farm with my 2 boys today and my sister and partner[as back up for me to deal with it all]

was great day

apart from my son who found it all bit much to deal with so moaned/cryed /screamed/hit/meltdowned and shouted round the farm,but amidst it all we got to see some lambs and feed them a bottle of milk-which was lovely :wub:

came home with blinding head ache and could see my sister and partner were shattered after trying to deal with my 4 year old.but he loved it in his own way :wub:

Just remembered, quite a few years back we rented a house while living in Scotland for a stint. It was decorated in late 70's early 80's nasty shiny peach stuff (sorry to shiny peach owners :oops: ). We assumed it was all old but apparently the owners were fans of this sort of stuff and had actually been to sale rooms to buy old new stuff in that style and had only decorated the place top to bottom before renting it and it was their pride and joy.

Well, add two toddlers, one as yet undx ASD. We lived there for a year and the carpet was effectively ruined. This is what happened

William and Susie playing catch with a box of raw eggs. Every single one of a dozen eggs was smashed onto the carpet. That was the first time we got the carpet cleaners in.

Another time was when William poured a whole carton of juice in to one tiny dolls tea set cup. That was the second time we got the carpet cleaners in.

William drew sribbly lines all over the carpet with bright RED hopscotch chalk. Third time we got the carpet cleaners in.

Then William got up in the middle of the night, tore up a box of tea bags, emptied them on the carpet then poured water all over them and rolled around in it. Enter again the carpet cleaners.

I don't know how many times we had the carpet cleaned but by the end of the year there was literally hardly any carpet left. Totally thread bare (nylon carpets don't clean well).

We thought we'd better replace it. Thing is this carpet isn't made anymore (shiny peach :sick: ), so we bought a really nice carpet to replace it. Much much nicer than the original one.

They were so upset it was a different carpet when we moved out that we didn't get our deposit back!!!! I was furious, and if we hadn't been emigrating I would have taken them to court. But looking back it was quite funny. The little horrors!!

Lauren

I'm so not with it. I thought today was Friday. Immensely cheered that I've one less day of holidays.

We're shortly having the shower in our industrial-strength bathroom redone. Didn't really think my son would be using it as a urinal when we put in those mosaic tiles. The grouting is the most disgusting colour imaginable.

Yesterday we had a pot of paint on our bedroom carpet. That was the toddler. I've been trying to get rid of it for years so not a disaster.

Guest hallyscomet

Talk about kids redecorating your decorating :P:lol::lol: can emphasise with the marks up the walls, well we had this problems, then I discovered "sugar soap' brings the walls up like new.

I painted the whole house myself, luckily the ceilings didnt need doing, just had a change around of rooms here both the kids rooms were a lovely pale blue with the seaside theme, but they both decided that was boring after 4 years, so J wanted to paint hers her choice of colours pale pastel lime green with one wall hot pink, this roomis now my office :devil: scary, still trying to pluck up the energy to change the colours to something more subdued.

Then they had a room change so J's got B's old room, so here we go all over again, she wants her walls pale baby pink and one crimson/mauve, by this time I thought no more painting, so I bribed her and said you can choose the paints if..... you paint your room....... she jumped at the opportunity and over the school holidays she and a friend who wanted to learn also came along to help. This is certainly the way to go. The paints these days are so easy to work with they make any novice look like a Pro.

Now I want to repaint the living room a different colour it is contagious...... looking at charts and new colours, but hard work :hypno: all the painting gear and trays are so cheap these days as they import so much of this stuff from China.

When first joined this forum many were complaining and laughing how their kids kept breaking their beds, my answer to that is to change the wood on a typical slat bed to wood slat that are thicker and not as wide, problem solved :thumbs::thumbs: now I have to re-upholster,reinforce my lounge as B dived on it and everything under the support went rip, off the Clark Rubber and need some new of those springs like on the old beds. ....... they keep you on your toes dont they. :wub:

Who says girls are better behaved than boys, well, my kids get a kick out of having a burping competition after KFC and drinking lemonade, my daughter thinks she is cool because she tries to burp the loudest.

In the fart department, well, I think boys do have a fascination with farting :sick::lol::lol::lol::devil: little shockers aren't they, I always threaten mine to embarrass them at their 21st birthday party with some stories if they gang up on me with some of their quirky stuff. As many times I am outnumbered . B)

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

Hi

i had a nighmare good friday. i hurt my back :sick: . we also tookthe kids to the zoo and all my asd son wanted to do was look for waterfalls........................

Edited by forbsay