jomica

Milk bottles

Does anyone know where you can buy those tops that the milkman can put on the top of your milk delivery to stop the birds pecking off the lids?

I've had to throw away six pints so far this week!

So far I've looked at the Lakeland catalogue (no go), and done a google search, but seem to be turning up nothing.

All help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Thanks everyone for your replies so far. IKEA plastic tumblers is a good idea - we've got some of those in the cupboard.

The milksafe idea looks good too - I'll see if I can get my Dad to knock one up for me, it's bound to be cheaper!

Cheers

Get a cat. We don't have any problems and my cat is a pensioner and we live in the middle of the countryside. Just a thought.

I have a cunning plan....

Use some empty milk bottles and make up 'dummies' painting the glass white to look like milk... Fill them to 9/10ths full with sand, then put either live shotgun cartridges or semtex detonator caps on top and cover with foil 'lids'... Along comes Mr blue t!t, peck peck peck, hits the firing pin and BOOM!!!!! Not as cheap as ikea beakers, but MUCH more fun!!! :lol::lol::devil::devil::devil:

What? WHAT?? I AM JOKING for heaven's sake!!!

(or am I ;) ...........) :D

BD

All that sand will make you itch bd! Aluminium is a nice conductor of electrickery. XXXXX XXXXX XX X XXXX XX XXXXX XXX XXXXX XX XX XXX XXXXXX, XX XXXX XX XXXXX XX...Ah, right. Just been told I cannot suggest this on a public forum by home moderator...DARN! Toasted Blue t!t's on toast with are right tasty too!

I have a cunning plan....

Use some empty milk bottles and make up 'dummies' painting the glass white to look like milk... Fill them to 9/10ths full with sand, then put either live shotgun cartridges or semtex detonator caps on top and cover with foil 'lids'... Along comes Mr blue t!t, peck peck peck, hits the firing pin and BOOM!!!!! Not as cheap as ikea beakers, but MUCH more fun!!!

Baddad - great idea, but might upset the milkman a bit if he picks them up by mistake!!

All that sand will make you itch bd! Aluminium is a nice conductor of electrickery. XXXXX XXXXX XX X XXXX XX XXXXX XXX XXXXX XX XX XXX XXXXXX, XX XXXX XX XXXXX XX...Ah, right. Just been told I cannot suggest this on a public forum by home moderator...DARN! Toasted Blue t!t's on toast with are right tasty too!

Now we're just getting silly, Phasmid! But having lost four more pints this morning, I'll keep your suggestions very much in mind!!

After looking at the ?25.00 milksafe holders, I've asked my Dad to make me something similar. He loves any excuse to lock himself in his hut and create, and my Mum thinks it's great cos she's got him out from under her feet.

So, all happy and no cost. In the meantime, IKEA cups definitely coming out tonight ........

We live in the stiks and own 3 cats. My milk is always fine. The only catch is the cats now started on the chikens :(