Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

Back from Down Under!

:D Hi everyone,

Well we arrived home yesterday after two gruelling flights (so not funny with a grumpy 8 month old!) and we had a brilliant time, i never knew how vast it was. we started at Perth, then flew to Brisbane and then Newcastle and finally Sydney for a week. We did all the touristy things and took the photos, Sydney opera house as the sun is setting........ sigh, but here we are back to reality. The last week was blighted a bit by the worry of my two eldest who were with their dad in Cardiff while we awere away. They are now on Holiday with him in Egypt. As you will probably know about the bombs going off there.... :sick::tearful::crying: it was a frantic time trying to get hold of them, but they are safe and well and a bit away from where the explosions happened. I am now counting down the days untill they get home.

So what's been happening while i've been away, any goss? :lol::lol:

Hope you are all ok i'm so glad to be back......... >:D<<'> :thumbs:

Guest hallyscomet

Ahh Kirstie your back home :( was sooo looking forward to meeting you. But I understand as I said Australia is a very big place, you need like 3 months to see Australia and even then thats just skimming :)

Glad your boys are okay. >:D<<'>

Australia is a very big place so I guess its exhausting trying to take it all in as well as trying and relax and feel your in holiday mode.

I had a holiday in the South Island of New Zealand a couple of years ago and we booked all the accomodation and our itinerary ourselves. :lol::lol: had us driving for days :lol::lol: didnt realise how big the South Island really was its was like one night Auckland North Island Celebrated New Years eve on the plane on the way over there, two days stay in Christchurch, two days at Franz Josef Glacier, Milford Sound, Tianno, Queenstown, Arrowtown, and back to Christchurchhere two days there, by the time we got to the 4th destination we were there for three days it took a day to recover just from the driving and the sight seeing, everywhere we drove we saw 'Lord of the Rings" scenes and 10 times more beautiful scenes, every 5 mins we were stopping to take photos. Must have taken over 500 photo's :devil: each like a postcard, unbelievable.

So how did you enjoy Aussie. We had a bit of a cold snap while you were here in the evenings but the days kept creeping up to 29 so not so bad. Sleep better when its cool. I am on that coastline just north of the Harbour Bridge, often the International flights do a circle along the ocean past us, it is a pretty sight. Our beaches were not as welcoming because of the cyclones, a lot of the beaches had to be closed as over the past 3 weeks we have had waves up to 5 metres high, or just extremely dangerous. I posted some on here in Off Topic :o:D

Tell us all about it, and post some photo's if you can Kirstie. >:D<<'>

Hailey

Edited by hallyscomet

Thanks guys....I'm overwhelmed at the warm welcome back..... :(

Welcome back Kirstie........spent 3 weeks in Perth about 12 years ago...took a disabled lady out there to visit her relatives...hope you've got over the jetlag.

s

xxx