mrs phasmid

how mad is family phasmid

for the last 2 days family phasmid have been fighting double pneumonia. breathing terrible,gasping for breath and gulping furiosly, loss of weight and appetite in fact reduced to mere skin and bone meaning administering tube feeding every hour on the hour (24hourly) plus tube fluid hourly as well. prognosis poor, not expected to last first 24 hours if lasts week-end a miracle. nursing constant, to be kept warm, no exertion at all, tube fed heavy duty antibiotics twice daily already had two heavy duty injections of antibiotics and dextrose solution upon diagnosis. return 7 days for review, if still alive!

:o:o:o:o:o:o

as the advert says:

treatment (so far): ?30

baby food syringes and special juice: ?5

time spent nursing: endless

meaning to the child: PRICELESS :wub::wub::wub::wub:

BY THE WAY

THE RAT ONLY COST ME ?3 TO BEGIN WITH

aaaaah. Poor little creature. I hope it does get better or little phasmid is going to be so upset.

Lauren

We once spent ?30 on a removal of a cancer on a rat. It came back in a couple of months. Hubby was furious but you do these things for your loved ones, not to mention keeping the kids happy. And yes the rat was only ?3 but don't they just get into your heart the lovley little devils?

i have to say this is the third rat we have had and i would recommend them to anyone as a pet for a child (or adult for that matter) forget hamsters-nocturnal,nippy bad tempered, mice-smelly too small too fast, gerbils- fast,nippy and dont like being held,we've had them all. a rat ticks all the right boxes loves company,fuss,being with you,eating everything you eat, kisses(i know) even being taken outside(not reccommended but he did) in a hoodie (phas jrs not rats) follow you around like a dog, be taught tricks. i wasnt keen at first but god you gotta love 'em. all i tell kids is that it cant look like a rat-you know what i mean.

nocturnal,nippy bad tempered, smelly too small too fast, fast,nippy and dont like being held,we've had them all

Are we sure we are talking pets and not self here I ask myself (Ow! I just got poked!!!)

Mrs Phas I totally agree with you. I've been bitten by all the others you mention but we have had over 20 rats in the past. (We bred our own liter once and kept the 12 babies)and never been bitten by one of them. Intelligent lttle dudes too. i would have more but hubby is a bit scared of them, but don't tell him I know.

My smilies or spell check arn't working so please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Edited by Viper

Guest flutter

totaly confused me ther have to say

but not had a cupa yet

i hope whoever is ill reecovers soon i think :blink:

This sounds like my house. We spent loads on hammy in the 5 years we had him due to teeth lumps and so on. Then it cost me ?40 to get him put down as he had breething prbs due to age. We did love him thoe poor thing. Now we have chickens thanks to ds. :lol:

:whistle: Im Not allowed any more fury pets, as everyone is allergic to them. But from experience they can be costly little rodents. Our first mouse 'stuart little' died after he became constipated, i paid ?7 for some lactose from the vet and 2 hours after the first dose he was gone !! :( Then 'squidgey' was left on her own after stuart died, so we bought another mouse 'pheobe' but she didnt get on with squidgey so we went back for phoebe's sisters who were in the cage with her at the petshop we named them 'piper' and 'paige' (can we see the charmed theme yet)

Anyway to cut a long story short, we discovered that 'piper' was a boy, so we had to buy another cage and by the time we had finished it had cost a fortune, all because i wanted a white mouse (stuart) who died anyway.

We went on to have 2 hamsters after this, but we were very allergic to them, although they hung around for 2 and a half years. Which is good for a hamster.

Top and bottom of it is, ive always wanted a rat, but im not allowed one :crying:

shaz :wub:

to eveyone who cared phaslet no 2 has spent whole weekend syringe feeding and medicating charlie rat. he even spent 3 whole days with rat "kangarooed" down front of jumper next to skin to keep him warm. unfortunately last night charlie went to the great rat golden sewers of heaven. phaslet no2 is distraught, but i teel you what, if the nhs cared as much as he did we wouldnt have the crisis we have now. :crying:

So sorry it didn't work out Mrs Phas. I know how it feels to lose a pet. People think "Oh it was only a rat" but it is very much loved and hurts like hell when it's gone. Give Phaslet no 2 a big hug and tell him he did a brilliant job and Charlie must have known how much he was loved. >:D<<'>