Sign in to follow this  
lisa

Child's View

We've decided to try again for statutory assessment for L. As part of my evidence I want to make sure that we have an accurate "child's view" this time. Last time the LEA behaved disgracefully and distorted everything she said and omitted to record the bit where she said she found school hard, confusing and she didn't particularly like going!! :angry::angry: I was present when the LEA officer interviewed her and was livid when I saw her report.

I've decided the best thing would be to write a questionaire for L to fill in. She's only just 9 years old so I think she needs some idea of what we're asking of her. Hence, I was hoping that some forum members would be able to give me ideas for questions. At present she gets 2 hrs per week individual in-class support from a counselor which she loves. She's said many times that she wishes this lady could help her in every lesson. Unfortunately this support finishes at the end of May as this lady is not paid by the school, she's part of the behavioural and emotional support team.

Any ideas anyone?

Lisa

My son is having statutory assessment right now and that link and questionaire is great Annie, have printed it off and might get Luke to have a go at filling it in for me as part of our parental representations.

Also Luke has chosen to write poems himself about how bad he feels about school and we sent one as part of our case when we took LEA to SENDIST for refusal to assess and i really helped as it was also an example of his writing difficulties.

I hope it goes well for you

Thanks Annie, that's exactly the sort of thing I need. I'm going to get my 11 yr old AS son to fill one in too for his annual review next month.

Lisa

our nine year old is having to do this to so i explained to him that he will have to tell his teacher exactly what he finds really hard, he replied by saying that he finds language very difficult, like chinese or japanese, (they dont do these at school) but he said he just doesnt understand words that foriegnpeople say, and so that is what he will put on his review..

i think this shows exactly where his differences are.

Edited by lotty