Viper

HELP!!! We've got ants.

Not as easy as that. Ben has taken to them and say's they are his pets. How do you kill a childs pets? :o He has been feeding them sugar. They started on the window sill when he put a bowl on there that had an ice lolly in it. We get them every year, there is a saying on our estate, if you don't have ants in the summer theres something wrong with your house. :wacko: Usually we find the source and put powder down.

Ben is fascinated by them and is worried if we walk on the carpet we will squash them. :fight: He even said "why aren't ants as big as me, then I won't squash them?" :unsure: I dread to think what will happen when I need to vacuum.

Any ideas on how I deal with this one. They are marching all over my carpet, if you look closely you can see tiny instruments and hear a marching song. I even think I can see tiny guns. This is a real invasion and I can't do anything about it.

OOH theres one, he's wearing a little camouflage outfit and singing "I don't know but I've been told, This house is cool so we'll be bold!" :whistle:

:D:D:D

Viper, any chance to could swap the ants for a real pet??? :D Our daughter is absolutely terrifed of any thing like that, especially flies, wasps, bees etc. Infact she won't go into the garden very much now due to fear of flies. She doesn't understand that we can't just stop them coming into garden :( She also wants us to spray every fly in the garden :blink: not sure what the neighbours would make of that :lol::lol:

Good luck :D

Debs x

Bagpuss, we already have 65 or so fish, a dog, cat, 3 parrots a tortoise and a hamster. And now 3 million ants. Nice idea though I'll put it to hubby, see what he thinks. :lol:

Great idea Nemo. I've found some on Ebay. :thumbs:

Bagpuss, an Anteater sounds good too. :lol:

Viper...word of warning re. ant farm......check its fully sealed every 5 mins :blink: We let our son have one because he found it cheap at car boot and was perllleassseeeeee........OMG ants escaped :( Fantastic idea though! You could choose "the lucky few" with your son, and kick ant butt with the rest :lol::lol: Could be a new version of "big brother" house, only with ants :D:D

Good luck with the anteater.....don't think your'll find one as easily on ebay though :lol::lol:

Debs x

I don't suppose you can say that the ant powder is special sugar and when they've gone that they must be on holiday :oops:

Good luck with it.

I use Secto Ant Lacquer - you spray it across their entry routes (eg:round door frame) - they won't cross it.

We had an ant farm, but they all died :(

Karen

I don't suppose you can say that the ant powder is special sugar and when they've gone that they must be on holiday :oops:

Good luck with it.

Must be honest i would do the above maybe when he is asleep or something so as not to hurt his feelings....