pingu

what do you think?

Hi Everyone.

Kieran is playing with his bathplug so i thought i would take the opportunity to do something i have wanted to do for a while. You may (or may not) remember me talking about dreams a while ago. ( http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...wtopic=6417&hl= )

what i didnt mention (probably from fear of you telling me im nuts) is the drawings i do. These are done usually as doodles, but i apparently blank out whilst doing these, not the unconciuos kind of blank out, but more like a really heavy daydream, i can hear what is going on around me but im away in my own world (so to speak). I feel like these drawings are related to the dreams in a way.

Ive done lots of these things since been younger, and ive never discussed these with anyone, exept from hubby, who hasnt a clue as to what they are all about.

i would appriciate your views.

im feeling very nervous about posting this as its very personal, but i do feel as though i trust you all with this now.

thank you

shaz

anyone with the same experiences please feel free to share yours. :wub:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...gu/drawing1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...gu/drawing2.jpg

Edited to say - these 'drawings' always seem to have the same theme, and although i can hear whats going on around me, im not always aware of what my pen is doing. (i hope that makes sense)

Edited by pingu

There may be a 'medical' reason for all of this, but this is my theory. Perhaps you have a very creative part of your brain which is desperate for an outlet. Are you suppressing your creativity? Perhaps if you start doing something creative this will sort itself out. That's just my extremely humble thought on this and I certainly don't want to suggest that it isn't something more. If you are worried about it you could talk to your GP?

Lauren X

This sounds like automatism or automatic drawing, which was a surrealist technique. The ideal was to create paintings, drawings or writing with no conscious control in a trance-like state just as you described. Most artists found the trance-like state impossible to achieve, so it never became a major art movement, though it did influence much of the philosophy of modern art.

To the surrealists one of the joys of these drawings (both yours and the early surrealists') is that they're rich in imagery, but the meaning isn't obvious, so the viewer has to do the work of interpreting them, and does so from their own subconscious. In the newly Freudianised world, the artist's subconscious reacting with the viewer's subconscious seemed like a good idea. :blink: I'm not so sure: for example, in your first picture I'm sure that there is an angry squirrel holding something under water. :wacko:

Wikipedia has an entry on it if you want to know more. It also has an entry on medical automatism, but that seems to describe the involuntary muscular and vocal triggering of epilepsy or Tourette's, rather than your more prolonged creativity.

I think I've felt that same separation from the world once, as a teenager while reading. It was like an out of body experience, but without the out of body bit, if that makes sense. :lol: I found it too disturbing, so I've not done it again. If you're worried about it, talk to a friendly GP about it. If you want to know more about what you're drawing, you could try colouring in one of them, as the associations of the colours might open up the meaning a bit.

Hope some of that helps

nemo

Pingu I think your drawings of fab............I could see references to the world cup with the flag.............an angel in the second pic...........I think they are great.Going back to study them some more :D

Ooooh I like those drawings pingu. They remind me a lot of the drawings William Blake did, have you seen those? I'm looking at both of them now and there are a lot of 'spiritual aspects' within them. The first pic reminds me in some ways of a Heavenly Kingdom whereas the second pic is a sadder place, with devils and demons and all sorts but with an angel in the left corner looking impassively on. I like them. I feel that I could look and look and still find more to see. Brilliant >:D<<'>

Thanks for your comments so far. , im so pleased you posted as up to now ive never had a name for what i do.

in my new found bravery i have decided to add another few for you to look at. Please feel free to continue assessing them. :wub:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...gu/drawing3.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...gu/drawing4.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...gu/drawing5.jpg

shaz

I love them all. I use to do something like this pre kids but non of mine wher as good as this. Thay look like you have somthing on you'r mind but thay do give a feeling of peace. I like the way you made them map like.

I love them, do you think it could be a type/form of past life regression?..........there seem to be common themes amongst them all........the swans, the house, the boat, the lily type flower,the man in the hat.They give me a feeling of an exotic type place or island, a bit willow pattern -ish, or maybe a tahitian,thai type thing.

Yes thats the feeling i got too about past regression! You are quite the artiste !! I like the intrigue of it, it makes you keep wanting to look and then go back and look some more!

I wish i was clever enough to analyze them, but as it is i'm just glad you felt comfortable enough to share them with us. ;)

I don't know, maybe this is something in your subconscious?

I do like the drawings - they're like another world - there's a host of detail in there that you don't see at first, you have to keep looking. Kind of haunting in a way, some of them make me feel like I need to go outside, some of them remind me of walking on a dusty day. Odd responses maybe, but I'm a fairly odd person!

:wub:

I do like the drawings - they're like another world - there's a host of detail in there that you don't see at first, you have to keep looking. Kind of haunting in a way, some of them make me feel like I need to go outside, some of them remind me of walking on a dusty day. Odd responses maybe, but I'm a fairly odd person!

They make me feel kind of odd too, when i look at them after i have done them i get a feeling similar to

da-ja-vu Its more a 'feeling' but the thought or memory is that quick i cant catch it. I know that probably makes no sense, but then what does make sense with me around LOL. Im pretty strange too. But thankyou all for your opinions, its nice to know you understand. :D

shaz

They're really good. Almost like psychic art - very random yet at the same time there's a theme. You should send to a gallery they're very emotive, plenty to think about. :notworthy: