Sign in to follow this  
Flora

memorising league tables

Luke has an amazing memory for details. He can remember long train routes after only one journey, recognises different makes of cars at a glance etc etc. Yesterday he amazed me though, he started to tell me what all the different league football clubs were doing, mainly the bottom league ones. He was riciting it word for word like they do on the telly. He watches the news when he's having breakfast in the morning and said he'd seen it on the news and had only seen it once. I've heard of other kids being able to do this but never seen it in my own to this extreme. Why is it that massess of useless information can get through and be memorised so effortlessly but he can't remember ANY of the times tables and struggles to remember simple sums like 4+4??????

Lauren

Hi Lauren

You aren't alone my friends boy struggles with simple maths but can remember every star wars ship and character and the lego set number.I think I was once told they find it easy to learn the things which interest them??

Lisa x

Lauren,

Our daughter has an uncanny ability to tell the time. She's only 5, yet knows exactly what time it is. She also continually asks if she can see a church, because she likes the roman numerals on their clocks and checks everyone's watches who come to the house to see what the face is like. We've had some very strange experiences, when we've been out of the house and she has said "is it such and such a time", and OMG it is.....Not sure how she has learnt this, and even the school has commented on this amazing ability, and are just as baffled.

It's a shame my eldest doesn't recognise car makes. When we were at a roundabout the other day he says to me: "Look mam, it's one of those sports-model SMART cars."

But it wasn't a ?5,000 SMART car.................. it was a BMW Convertible! :lol::lol::lol: (probably closer to ?50,000!) - it's a good job the driver didn't hear him, don't think he'd like his BMW being mistaken for a SMART car (although the sporty SMART ones are rather cool :D )