Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Bloody Ants

Theyve been liveing happy as bloomeing larry in me garden causeing no bother trundleing around up to whatever ants gets up to.

But no more.

The ###### little sods have decided to take up residence in me front room.Liveing the vida loca they are stuffing there faces with grub the kids have dropped.

It were like ###### tap danceing this morning stamping on the ###### shouting die yer B****ds.Husband said it were all in me head till he spotted one.

Well the partys over ive got some ant bate traps and some powders so its ship out or die.

I hate killing them and wouldnt if theyd stayed put outside but theve gone too far this time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Paula, you make me giggle! :D

Last year, we had flying ants, in the kitchen AND living room..... You'd have a bit of bother stamping on them! :lol: 'Orrible things - eugh!

:D:D

Hey i bet yer invented a new sport though swotting the ######.

But theyd make a rotton dirty mark on any cream walls :P

Me sister saw a bloomeing mouse scuttle across her front room floor last week.Theyve shoved traps out but to no availe.Cheeky ###### dont need cheese in a trap when againe the kids are always dropping grub.

Its that sure of its sen her mouse, that it sits on the hearth and cleans itself in full view then dissapears when they go to catch it.

Animals are taking over im sure of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said to her at least it aint cockroaches id scream and wouldnt dare sleep if it were them things.

There horrid

Paula, there's definately something up with ants this year.

For the first time ever we've got them in our kitchen. Nothing seems to get rid of them. No sooner have I swiped one lot away than another crop appear. Luke didn't help matters by putting a bit of pasta on the windowsill where they are to 'see what would happen'.... :o there was literally hundreds of them swarming around one little bit of pasta.

Tell you what I've just bought, a bug zapper! No good for ants of course, just flying insects (wasps). It's shaped like a tennis racket but instead of string it's electric wires. You just touch them onto wasps or flies, they stick to it then get fried. I so hate wasps that I find it quite satisfying :devil:

Don't know what to do about the ants though.

Lauren

I've no qualms about putting down the ant powder that's for sure. After we had the extension built a couple of year's ago we had a real problem with them. And I was regularly stamping on the scouting parties before the rest of the regiment turned up beating a path to my fridge.

They are fascinating though aren't they. I'm convinced someone invented the Borg on Star Trek after watching ants. Have you ever noticed when you kill one ant the rest of them stop for a millisecond or two as if re-booting to take account of the lost member of their Collective.

Somehow I've got a feeling that when we meet our first alien species they'll be like ants and I'll be running a mile! :P

Daisy :lol::lol::lol: Reading your post, and remembering another thread where you brought up Start Treck, I was wondering. Do you manage to find a treccie theme in everything???? :D

Lauren

We had a problem with mice recently. Saw one dive for cover under the washer when I went into kitchen to make kids packed lunches one night. Put humane traps down, and they took the bait and left, probably sticking two little mousey fingers up as they went. Ended up buying plastic traps, which kill them. Caught 4 in 2 days. Became paranoid that they had taken up residence in the kitchen, and got Pest control out. They searched everywhere and found no sign of nest. Advised that they may of been young ones, kicked out of a nest locally, and found their way into our kitchen. Had no more since. We couldn't see any droppings or anything but the guy from pest control said "oh, its not the droppings you have to worry about, its their urine, they dribble urine constantly" :sick:

ant killer is really expensive as well

my sister bought antibacterial spray from aldi and that shifted them real good but ive just spoke to her now and they no longer sell it for some reason-but maybe another type would do the job?!!

chocolates /mars bars stick to trap better best bait for mice.or those temo tack pads.but dont get them stuck to you.i found insecticide spray from garden center best for ants had a nest in crack on front path under door mat.

Edited by adamsmum

:D

Youre right Daisy the other ants do stop what there doing when you stamp and kill one of there collective.Weird that isnt it.Yet there not intelligent enough to think hell fire lets scarper were being stamped on.

So humans still reign supreme :P

My sister was told by pest controll mice dont like cheese either and try chocalate.

I hate wasps and i cant stick wood lice either infact anything that scuttles or crawls or buzzes gets me screaming and running for cover.

And yet i can pick up a slug no problems and not bat an eyelid.

Me traps are down i will just waite for the bodies to pile up !!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully.

Edited by Paula

Daisy :lol::lol::lol: Reading your post, and remembering another thread where you brought up Start Treck, I was wondering. Do you manage to find a treccie theme in everything???? :D

Lauren

I am somewhat of a fan of the TV series I have to admit and watching the android Data has taught me a lot about my AS son too. And Jean Luc Picard has to be one of the sexiest bald men in existence (well he will be till hubbs loses all his - better put that he might read my posts! :D )

Er Paula ...... you didn't stand on the ants on purpose just to see if they did miss one of their Collective did you? Cos that's mean! :lol::lol::lol:

Yer Daisy i did i am rotton to the core :D

Hey and dont knock trekkies Lauren :D

I love star trek me.Ive seen all the films,loved the series Deep Space Nine,raved about Voyeger and love Enterprise.Im also into Stargate and basically anything to do with space i love Star Wars as well. Luckily my husband is into it all too and so is our As son unfortunalty our Nt daughter cant stand any of it.

We once got into a right argument coz we took her to see revenge of the sith and she hated it and moaned.I was ranting and raveing about the plot line getting right into it and she was saying shut up mum.We even bought light sabres for our son and used to play fight.I was constantly saying vader rise !!!!!!!!!!!!

And they say its my son whoes got "problems" I aint that sure about me sen at times. :P

Edited by Paula

here i humbly apologise. last year after poking up with the invading hoards from the minute we moved in, and we live in a totally open plan (downstairs) house, i dug open the nest and had a word with the queen about having a nice holiday or maybe a relocation. this year we have no ants in the house NOR have we noticed any in the garden, seems like they took my advice :D:D

I got Ant Powder from the local Tesco, cost me less than a ?1, get it in most of the cheapy shops.

I had to buy it coz of those little silver fish things most recently, but have had ants before, they were in the fire place when we moved in, must have stamped on over 100 :unsure:

Edited by lil_me

I got my ant powder form savers and it cost me 99 pence so was cheap and worked.

I aint seen any of the little blighters since i used it.Theyve slung there hooks.