firefly3660

New and trying again.

Hiya all.

Guess I will give this another go. The first time I posted on here was, unfortunately, just about the time that the sight was being hacked into and I ended up with a rather embarassing picture at the end of my post.

So, as I originally said, I am new to this sight and have a 7 year old dd. For the last few months she has been a little cherub but just lately things have started to go a bit downhill. Screaming and outbursts from her are becoming more frequent and are set off by the smallest of things. For example I got her a new dvd as a present. Silly me thought I was doing something nice. In return I got a screaming fit and dd throwing the dvd across the room saying she doesn't want to watch it because she is not used to it yet.

Will I never learn ?

Anyway just wanted to say hello to you all.

Lisa x.

p.s, if you do see a picture at the bottom of my post IT IS NOT ME. Fingers crossed.

Guest flutter

welcome >:D<<'>

it can take time to understand our kids, ( if ever) and to do what they see as the right thing

so dont feel bad,

keep posting, and u will find support

C x

My son wanted a DS hand held console for Christmas. It was the ONLY thing he asked for and yet it was well into February before he actually used it.

This weekend we came back from our Hols to discover that my eldest had gone out and bought Matthew an X Box 360 :o for no other reason than Matthew's BIG obsession at the moment is map building and plotting. Our middle son who has AS is not happy with Matthew using his X Box 360 and it has caused endless meltdowns. I expected Matthew to do hand stands and cartwheels but I was wrong :( He threw a right strop and was shouting the odds that it was not what he wanted and that his Brother could take it back :crying: Two days later however and he has made two brilliant maps and is well :D He was not expecting the gift and it really threw him off beam. For that reason both of mine with ASD know well in advance what they will be getting for Christmas and Birthdays. Often Matthew takes weeks to open his Christmas Gifts. It's as if he needs them to become part of the furniture before he is comfortable enough to play with things.

Oracle

Hello and welcome to my second home :D Hope you enjoy your stay, and I always say 'Learn something new everyday' then making mistakes isn't a problem

wierd. "I" is like that, just talking about it today! :o spent hundreds on a climbing frame from tp and put it up weeks ago, been on it with prompting about twice then started to use it today. Hubby was threatening to get rid of it, cluttering up lawn etc but I reminded him that "I" takes months to get used to or trust things!

likes to look glancingly at them for a while first :rolleyes:

Anna x

Hi Lisa and Anna,

A big welcome to the forum. So sorry you joined at this difficult and disruptive time and I'm glad it hasn't put you off. Stick with us, you'll get lots of support and help!

Kathryn :)

Thank you all for your support.

Just got back from a very succesful trip to the seaside with my other half and my dd (Ashleigh).

She loved every minute and had a huge smile on her face all day.

Think we have created a bit of a gambling monster though. The speed at which she was feeding those 2 pences into the slots was outstanding.

Thanks once again.

You have all made me feel really welcome.

Lisa x

p.s. Just thought about what was said about not opening christmas presents until weeks after christmas. Ashleigh usually opens them all on the day but some of them have not yet been taken out of the packaging and we are now in May.

Hi Lisa welcome to the forum, kids are so unpredictable in what their reactions to things will be.

My boys love getting presents, any day of the year as well as christmas. The only thing they can't seem to tolerate is wrapped presents under the tree. They love the fact that they've got them, they just can't cope with not knowing what's under the wrapping. If they could open them straight away they'd be fine. When they do open them if it's not something that was on their 'list' (the lists are another story!!!) then they just throw them aside and usually never even give them another thought. To be honest, I totally understand how they feel. I remember many a year when I was younger when I'd feel ill with the thought of the wrapped presents under the tree, not knowing what they were made me feel sick. Not a totally bad feeling, but a very unpeaceful one.

Lauren