Sign in to follow this  
stressedmumto2

Can I got to LEA and demand to see files on son ?

Can I got to LEA and demand to see files on son or will I need to put it in writing ?

[/quote

hi lovey, i reckon it will have to be in writing. just write, under freedom of information act i request to see my sons records. you might have to pay though.

p.s hows the fisherman today?? hehehehe bless him he lightend my day yesterday!! :wub:

Well I told the respite worker about the fish and he got in a right old strop, told him he wouldn't take him fishing again if he was to do that.

So don't know how they will get on today, fisherman started to refuse to go, bless him :wub:

oh for goodness sake. ok it was wrong, but i think it is hardley the crime of the century. if the worker is going to get on with ty, hes going to have to choose his arguments eh! besides which it gave us both a much needed good laugh! :lol:

Hi stressedmum. I went into view both my son and daughter's records held by the SEN dept of our LEA. Very interesting reading they made to ;) Lots of correspondance between school and LEA that I think I should have been copied on. I had to put it in writing to the data protection officer at the LA, just phoned up and asked for their name. He replied and passed my request on to the relevant dept. who then invited me in to look at records. Must admit that I found out a while after that they ripped me off with the cost of the copies. :angry: HTH

We got our sons files copied for free and they were also hand delivered. If you are going to appeal it is a good way to get all the documents photocopied. But it does take a few months to receive all the paper work.

Jen