lindy-lou

hmm this isnt nice

for several weeks India has been weeing wherever she fels like it,in the living room,kitchen,on the steps outside etc,DH got really mad the other day when she went into the kitchen and did a wee on the floor,she has never done this before so dont know why she has started now,she was out in the garden today and i caught her pooing on the grass,ive explained to her its wrong to do this but dont know what to do about it if it continues,any ideas as to why she may suddenly have started doing this?

Hi Lindy-lou.

How old is your daughter? We funny enough had a few similar incidents the other week - my 3yr daughter suddenly had a wee on the kitchen floor - which she's never done before - I thought it was a one off. However the following day - she was in the garden and did it outside. I sat her down and tried to ask her why and she said she didn't have time to come in which I didn't believe - but when my hubbie joined in the conversation she said that she'd had a poo as well but that the dog had eaten it (nearly sick at this point). She did it a few more times but then it stopped - but I was convinced it was copying the dog (I think!!).

Hope yours stops as quickly.

Take care,

Jb

jb she is 3 as well and we have had a dog for 4 months so yes maybe she is copying the dog,i was almost sick too when she pooed in the garden :(

Hi

My son did that for a while too (we don't have a dog!). Bit of a mystery! He'd wee in the front porch, on my curtains, in the kitchen, etc. He was about 3.5. It stopped not long after it started (a few weeks). I didn't make a fuss, in fact did the opposite ? praised him for trying, but advised that it should be done in the toilet, etc.

Caroline.

Guest flutter

mine did that when she was 2 ish, we had the builders in, so i would wonder if it is the dog does it or something has changed for her

take care

C x

Hi Lindy-lou i was also going to say do you have a dog and maybe she is copying the dog!! As you say you have had a dog for 4mnths maybe she is doing what the dog does! I do hope you can sort it out.

Just add my penny's worth too this, it may be that she's copying the dog.. does she do any other 'dog' things; Luke goes through phases of 'being' one of the dogs. He doesn't do the toilet thing but everything else and won't stop when I ask him to

There may be a totally different reason. Hope it all dies down soon.

Lauren

Thanks,i think the dog theory is the most reasonable one although she doesnt do any oter doggie things!!either that or she just cant be bothered to go upstairs to the loo :blink:

My son did that a few times at 3, I think he was just having too much fun outside to bother going in and up to the loo!

At 5 I caught him weeing behing the settee - he'd developed a fear of going to the toilet by himself and we'd been trying to encourage him to go (he'd previously went happily). We gave up then and reassured him we'd always go to the toilet with him if he needed us! Seems to have worked. Will she go to the toilet at other times?

My son usually does this when he's extremely stressed out. Especially if their is something looming, the last time it was surgery to remove 2 teeth and about 14 hours after he found out he was wetting and pooing wherever and whenever. Unfortunately he's 7 now and it still happens sometimes.

Just out of interest, are these accidents our is she pulling down her clothing to deliberatly do it?

Ben who is 6 in September often wees in the garden but we ignore it as it is the only place other than our own toilet that he will wee, so I don't want to put him off, if you know what I mean.

Guest flutter

viper when my Dd did it sometimes she would pull down pants and just get on with it other times in pants

and then as soon as i put her back in pull ups she stopped, it was a very very long summer one cos of what she was doing and two cos of the builders,

she is pulling her clothing down to do it,either that or she has no clothes on (which is most of the time) she goes tot he toilet normally otherwise.

Um was reading this post other day thinking not really got any advise which hadn't been said.In the garden today with my two while the dreaded footie was on :P Char ,Bet and me whizzing on new water slide good there brill fun we loaded it up with wash up liquid to make it more slippy :lol: .Char strips off nothing new there then but shock of all shocks he stood over the water slide and peed :o .No waring and no reason when I asked why he had done it it just laughed loadly and kept peeing little drips up things.We don't have a gog and he certainly hasn't learned it from me or his dad so why?????

Lisa x