Sign in to follow this  
stresshead

help! NAS programme

Hi

I have just on thursday started the help! programme provided by NAS. It is on the Wirral in Merseyside, I am wondering is anyone else from the forum attending, it would be nice to meet up.

thanks A

Stresshead,

I've moved this topic to General Discussion - hopefully more people will see it here.

Kathryn.

Still waiting for one to come up in Wales.

*sigh*

Missed the last one b/c the dx was a week or 2 earlier and it hadn't quite suck in. Now though, I'm ready! :)

Don't worry about going along by yourself, it's a really great course, very informal and friendly. I finished a few weeks ago with Wendy I'Anson in the North East and it was a great experience, I learned a lot, despite my dd's diagnosis being nearly 7 years ago. It also spurred me on to carry on sticking up for her rights and learning more aobut her.

All the people there are in the same boat as you, they are all parents/carers of children with autism and just meeting each other can be so useful, we can never have enough contacts where our kids are concerned!

TM

I went to my Help! course in Wrexham, and I think they were planning to run others there. Is that too far north for you?

Simon

Still waiting for one to come up in Wales.

*sigh*

Missed the last one b/c the dx was a week or 2 earlier and it hadn't quite suck in. Now though, I'm ready! :)

TM

I went to my Help! course in Wrexham, and I think they were planning to run others there. Is that too far north for you?

Simon

Unfortuunately it is b/c I rely on public transport. I did look at the NAS sitre this morning and they have one in Swansea but again, that's too far. Ideally I need one in my home town like the one I missed last year. Hmmm!!