Sign in to follow this  
carrieq

Girls Night Out in Newcastle

At work we are arranging an overnight trip to Newcastle for our Christmas night out. We are thinking of staying at the Dorset Arms Hotel which is about 5 miles outside and spending the Saturday night at the Tuxedo Princess and Sunday shopping!!! Any idea of nice places to eat, what the hotel is like or other things we could do???

Happy Christmas!!

Carrie :party:

carrie.... A fab place to eat is La Tasca, a Spanish tapas bar on the quay side right next to the millenuium bridge. Perfect for a boozy girls night with lots of lovely food and wine. :thumbs:

Not sure about the Tuxedo princess though! the last time I went there (about 20 years ago) I slipped on some vomit on the floor! :sick: As far as I have heard it isn't much better now, possibly worse :blink:

Hope you have a great time :D and don't forget your wellies :ph34r:

Lauren

ps, I've never heard of the hotel you mentioned, where is it exactly?

Edited by Lauren

I agree Tuxedo I went to a while back was horrid :sick:

As for places to eat and party, we tend to stick to the Quayside when we go out

Shopping, I would probably say Metro Centre, shoppers heaven

Edited by lil_me

Hi Carrie

Metrocentre is best for shopping but they dont open till 11am on a sunday. Going out there is the gate complex in town which has loads of restaurants and bars and a cinema its really nice. I dont think i have heard of your hotel but you could check what its like on tripadvisor hope im allowed to put that. Newcastle is nice hope you have a good time :D

Yes we've been to the Gate a few times, tend to go to TGIs as I like the cocktails. All in one place too so it is handy, only downside is if you have smokers with you as you aren't allowed to.

Enjoy your night out in the party capital of the world - and remember you're in Newcastle so no coats allowed - you won't freeze because the alcohol will keep you warm! Wear a coat and we'll know you're not from around here! :devil:

I have to agree with the others where the Tuxedo is concerned .... if you're on the Quayside there's loads of good bars and eating establishments (word of warning - steer clear of the Bigg Market cos it's a bit rough). If you're into gay bars the pink triangle on the west side of Newcastle is very popular, if you prefer rock music head to the Haymarket end of Newcastle, if you like 70s stuff then Flares is a fun pub - actually there's loads of good bars just have a good wander really.

A good Indian restaurant is Saffron on Dene Street (expensive but very good), the Chinatown area of Newcastle has very good restaurants and The Gate is the place to be seen these days and well worth a visit.

Have fun :D

Thank you girls!! We might give the Tuxedo Princess a miss, we thought the revolving dance floor sounded quite fun!!

The no coat thing won't be a problem with us hardie Scottish lassies LOL!!!

Thanks again

Carrie

Revolving dance floor, shakes, judders and drunken men run across it knocking you over (it is very small) better off taking a bin lid and spin that round :lol: