Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Anyone had a tonsilectomy?

....a throat infection after.

My DD 15 yrs, had her tonsils out when she was 9 and now has a sore throat, the strange thing is she has white spots on the back of her throat and even one on her goal keeper. (the dangly bit) They look like pus spots.

Anyone tell me what it is?

Could well be pus spots my eldest had his tonsils out age 9 too but still gets raging sore thorats. David still has his tonsils and often gets the kind of spots you are talking about when he gets a serious infection. I would get some medical attention for her if I were you. My Goddaughter had her tonsils out when she was 3 years old and now aged 22 they have grown back again :o

Hope she is better soon.

Oracle

Edited by oracle

Typical isn't it, We've paid ?80 for her to go on a 4 day school trip to France tomorrow, with no refund if she doesn't go? :huh:

She is really looking forward to it too. She feels ok when she has taken paratroopers and is insisting she is going. This is the child that is dying if she so much as sneezes under normal circumstances. :wacko:

Hi Viper I had a tonsilectomy about 9 years ago and I got the very sore throat for several years after it was something to do with my imune system and the fact the tonsils where no longer there.The sore throat was a septic throat and very nasty had to take antibiotics each time but touch wood not had one now for 2 years.I think a trip to Doc's would be wise before it gets worse it really is a horrible feeling.

Hope she is better soon

Lisa