Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

rotten mum

Feel like a rotten mum

Today was so hot?95 and Joe was just full on , when ever I was nt outside or went to put kettle on, was ?mum, mum, mum?

Sensed neighbours visitors watching Joe when he was playing up, was making lots of noises and being ott, cos in pool and having fun (seems to make more odd noises when happy as well as wound up) and I just lost it , said just wish you d act normal, thing is, its cos I was worrying about what they thought, most of time I just have a thick skin, but today I feel like I really let Joe down.

Ive allowed someone elses narrow mindedness to make me lose it and hurt my son

Just sometimes it so isolating, only real friends spend time with you when u can truly relax and your child can be who they are, other people take so much for granted, its exhausting at times preempting what may set him off, or planning a day so you avoid busy places, or have to spend 30 mins explaining that you dont know what the next few hours itenary is!

Even though I know why hes like he is I lost it today, and am mad at myself, im my lads advocate and today was rotten

Lisa

Lisa >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Please don't beat yourself up hun, I've done that too. Its so easy to be pushed to your limits, be it your tired, its hot, you have reached the end of your tether when you are faced with continual demands, you are trying desperately to avoid triggers for meltdowns.......oh, I could go on and on. I'm sure everyone on the forum can empathise with how you felt today. Its so easy aswell to feel engulfed in guilt afterwards, when things are calmer....or they are asleep! No one can be a perfect parent 24/7, your doing the best you can and thats all that matters. I've also had times when I've reacted to feeling our dd was being "noticed", feel like poo afterwards, but we are all human. Take care and hope tomorrow feels brighter >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Been there done that too also.

I normaly let my sons behaviur wash over me but on occasions especially if were out and about and people are stareing ect i react badly also.When i think about it its not because hes done anything but because i hate people stareing at him ect and i get all aggitated.

One of the best places i like to go is when my sons special school holds discos and events .Its the one place you can totaly and utterly relax because every one ther is in the same boat no one bats and eyelid at what the kids are doing and you dont feel under pressure to make them fit in or the need to contantly explaine.

Youre not a rotton mum. >:D<<'>

Edited by Paula

Lisa, rest assured, you are a fantastic Mum >:D<<'> If you weren't, you wouldn't be so worried about your son would you? I think you're brilliant mate :D>:D<<'>

Lisa most of us will have been there.For any that have not yet been there with temperatures set to stay hot or get hotter-Any saintly individual who has not ben there will have ample scope to be put to the test. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Perhaps do a survey on Fri .Ask how many people have not lost it and handled a situation in a way they regreted.OH teases me ...thinks all I post here is ''Don't be so hard on yourself''-In this case I think it is just the thing to say. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen

Lisa >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I sometimes react badly too...trouble is, i tend to have a go at the people who are staring and commenting.stood in the checkout queue at supermarkets is my pet hate. he screams and screeches cos he hates shopping. Last time everyone stared and i explained to him in a really loud voice that other peoples children never throw tantrums, never screech and always behave perfectly...then looking round at them all i asked if we had big signs on our heads saying stare at us! i left my shopping behind and walked out. then of course i felt a right twonk because i had to go back in and get my handbag off the trolley *sigh* i HATE hot weather!!!!!!!

I agree with Jonathan. You are a great Mum because you care so much. When I get sideways glances from people I feel like being naughty myself and I get the children singing a nice loud song with me to blot them out!

We've all been there :) Don't be hard on yourself.

Guest flutter

behave

we cannot be on the ball all the time

and you are a good mum,

it was neighbours with problem

>:D<<'>