pumpkinpie

amended statement

In our area all statemtns are being amended,partly down to the new funding arrangements. The first 4000 is being devolved into schools and therefore is payable out of the school sen budget, any amount needed above that is noted in the statemnt. My point is statemtns are never amneded in our area despite the annual review.

If I agree what about inflation? Should I agree to this? Or do I need to ask that this is inflation linked?

Dont really understand your post, they cant surely say once there upto the 4000 mark that it for the 4001 or above because if you have a statement its legal and needs to be in place for that child.

Explain more please.

JsMum

The statement is a statement of educational needs. In my view how the LEA finance that is a matter between the school and the LEA, the child's needs do not change if the LEA's budget changes.

If a child has a need for 20 hours of LSA support that is what they need. It does not go down to a need for 18 hours of LSA support if staff costs rise by 10%.

The financial information can remain in there by all means as long as all the needs are clearly expressed and quantified in the rest of the statement. What would not be acceptable is a phrase like "The school will be allocated an additional ?4000 to provide additional support to X" without that support being specified and quantified.

Hope this helps

Simon

Simon is spot on. I have never come across a statement that says 'X child' is allowed/alocated 'x' ?'s worth of hours of support. They only need to quantify the number of hours. How those hours are funded between school/LEA monies isn't your problem, that's up to them to argue about.

To add to that the hours specified should be on a need basis - not a 'We can afford to give' basis.

Edited by phasmid

Simon is spot on. I have never come across a statement that says 'X child' is allowed/alocated 'x' ?'s worth of hours of support. They only need to quantify the number of hours. How those hours are funded between school/LEA monies isn't your problem, that's up to them to argue about.

To add to that the hours specified should be on a need basis - not a 'We can afford to give' basis.

Oh dear I have.Ben's statement reads

1.Ben should continue to be provided with additional learning suppport from the school funded from their own resources. 2.**LEA will provide an additional allocation of Band C support to assist the school in meeting Ben's needs as described above.

.............................Guidance as to programmes to be provided eg-OT,SLT,Self-care etc but nothing regarding who would provide support and how many hours.LEA included a sheet at the back of draft statement telling us how much money the band c was worth.Is this not specific enough ? Too late for us to do anything about it-but it may serve as a warning to others if we have been naive.LEA left detail for us to negotiate with school.Karen