Sign in to follow this  
~Jonathan~

Dead cat

I was out for a walk this morning when I chanced upon something that caused me to take a sharp intake of breath and recoil - it was a beautiful pussycat that looked on first glances as if it was sleeping, though a tad awkwardly, by the side of the road. It was only as I leaned in towards it that I noticed the blood in its eyes and pooling on the ground by its mouth.

I was genuinely shaken by it and just stood there not knowing what to do. I didn?t want to leave it like that but what could I do? I had nothing to cover it with nor could I move it, this was someone?s pet after all. I eventually left but kept looking back. It was then I realised that someone was going to be very unhappy today. Doesn?t bear thinking about.

:(

oh jonathan thats so sad

I found one once on my way to work in the middle of the road, I knew I couldn't leave it there to get run over again and again so I moved it to the side of the road.

It was either moved or managed to crawl to where it was. Even in the state I saw it in, there was no denying it had been a beautiful animal. Very sad :(

jonathan >:D<<'> poor cat :( I don't like to see that either.

Years ago I was on my way to work for a late shift when I was a nurse, and a dog was ran over by a double decker bus right infront of my eyes... I can still hear it's screams to this day. When I got to work I was good for nothing, I couldn't stop sobbing and had to go home in the end... :crying:

I've got two dogs and two cats, and while most of the time they are the bane of my life :o:lol: I would hate anything to happen to them like that.

Lauren

I once woke up to the most dreadful screaming, went outside in my dressing gown and found next doors cat in the road, obviously had been hit by a car. I knocked on their door (about 2am!) and they took it to the vets. Eventually after very expensive surgery it recovered. The wife was very grateful! Don't think the husband ever forgave me!!!! :rolleyes:

Anna x

Oh bless, our cat often goes missing and I wonder if he is going to end up that way. He is a big ginger tom and a law unto himself.

My husband ran a cat over once (there was nothing he could do to avoid it), it really bothered him - even now he doesn't like to talk about it. There was no collar on the cat and it was 4 am so he couldn't find the owners which made him feel worse.

We had a cat that got ran over when I was a kid ... I went to the local Post Office to put a card in saying "Lost cat, black with white paws" etc etc but there was already one in the window that said "Found dead cat, black with white paws" - I ran home in a flood of tears. My parents had to identify him later and bring him home. Still, I thank the people that found him otherwise we would still be wondering what happened to him.