Sign in to follow this  
board

disabledpersons railcard

hello dont know if any one intreastedbut there is a change to this in step if you go to (disabledperson-railcard)and click on the frist one than click on eligibility it will came and tell you all the best jill

I was going to apply for a disable railcard for my son but ended up getting the family rail card as it has better rates for all so do look at the differences.

Family rail adults get a 1/3 off and children are less than 1/2 price its ?20 for the year.

JsMum

Looks like I can't get it yet as dd is under 5! :(

If you paid for her as a child rate you would still benefit the discounts on a family rail card.

yeah i too was wondering which was the best deal -i picked up both forms -and they still on me table because i was trying work this out [you know what its like brain goes to mush -either that or u nnno min to yourself to sort stuff out ] :blink:

any sane folk know the answer ?? :lol::fight:

I thought the family rail card was the better deal. Especially as I have 3 children it makes a massive difference.

Flora

The disabled rail card only entitles one accompany person discount but with the family rail card all adults and all children are discounted.

So I really do think that the Family rail card is the best value because if J had a disabled rail card and he had a day and took a friend, his friend wouldnt be discounted, but the family rail card extra children are.

J does meet the criteria for Disabled rail card but decided to go for the Family rail card as it takes in account all accompaning people and friends.

Minimum is one adult and one child: upto a maximum of 3 adults and 4 children.

Get a card with an extra named person then the card entiltles you:

minimum one adult and one child: up to 4 adults 4 children all recieving discounts.

lOOK on the website

www.family-railcard.co.uk

Sorry for my original wording when I said deal, I did mean to mean value.

Js Mum

Edited by JsMum