Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Measles Jab

So little scamp is booked in for his single measles jab on Monday. Costing ?90 - well worth it.

We are not going to get Mumps or Rubella done, as they aren't so life threatening (I dont believe measles is either and am guilty of reacting to the hype a little).

Can anyone shed any light on why the mumps is more expensive .. they want ?120 for that one.

Also, did anyones child have a reaction to a single measles vaccination.

I am actually dreading it ... I still have guilt over my other son having the MMR.

I think the Mumps vaccine is harder to come by and therefore more expensive to purchase.

My daughter had single measles vaccine with no apparent reaction but I had given her buffered Vit C and Echinicea for a week before and after to boost her immune system.

Hi, my youngest son had single measles - no reaction at all. Eldest son had mmr & has asd, as a result I believe, as he had weak immune system. I am not giveing eldest son any booster I think the whole thing is a con. If they have enough anti bodies they are fine.

good luck, think he will be okay though.

Exactly the same here, I didn't give my son the booster.

The injection went fine, very professional place in Sunbury, what I couldn't believe is how busy it is, so many people in there getting single jabs. They most be making money hand over fist.

Anyway it's done, I haven't seen any reactions as yet, but they can take 3 weeks to come out.