Sign in to follow this  
UltraMum

Not a good week....

J had no support in his first day in Y6 (and i discovered over the holidays that on the day when they were supposed to go up to their new classes for the morning J's class actually went to reception for some reason) :angry:

Bad fall and scraped knee - needed a big plaster ...

Left y'day free to ring IPSEA - not manned till today

Started ringing at 10.00 today and engaged ... kept redialling

Mobile rang at 10.30 - school to say j had fallen and had a large lump on his head

Went to Drs - spent 10 minutes with a screaming J until a nurse came out to see J

She disappeared for 20 minutes and then came out again to say that one of the nurse practitioners could see him at 12.00 - this was 11.00!!! :o I asked whther we should go to casualty instead and she then said that she thought that was a good idea as they don't normally deal with head trauma anyway :o:o:o

Left after much grumbling about why she hadn't said that in the first place ...

casualty was OK :huh: and we were out in just over an hour

J has a cracker of a bruise and an egg sized lump but seems ok thankfully :pray: - desparate to go back to school to get his 'mark' but Dr said no - had to plead with school to allow for this in the attendance awards at the end of term as this is one of his obsessions .... bet they don't and I'll have to pick up the pieces again!

Obviously not able to contact IPSEA with J around so now postponed to Monday ...

Ouch, poor J, bet that's uncomfortable to sleep on! Hope it's less tender now.

Hope next week is quieter! ;)

A x

>:D<<'> Hope he feels better soon, sounds like an awful day, have yourself a break this weekend and start the balls rolling again on Monday sounds a splendid idea

Out of casualty in just over an hour ?

That must be a record, either that or they didn't have too many prisoners in ( everytime we have to go there, we always see someone being brought in handcuffed to two prison officers ) and my youngest pipes up " is he from the naughty boys home ? " :fight:

Hope J is feeling better,

wac

You're lucky to get out in 4 in our A&E

Prisoners we had an experience with at the Eye Clinic. There was a guy in from the local max security prison, and my son just plodded over and started talking to him. The officers looked a little concerned but what he came out with was along the lines of he will be forgiven etc, no idea where he'd heard what he said but it came out like one of his usual scripts.