Sign in to follow this  
PinkSapphireAngel

EWO

As you know I am currently home educating Luke,

PP did say they would talk to EWO but I don't think they have as I know how busy they are etc.

I did contact EWO myself earlier in the year saying home ed was looking likely and they said to contact them again in September so they could pass my details onto the inspection team.

Do you think I SHOULD let them know myself I am now doing this just to be safe?

If the home ed is a new situation then I would contact the ewd because I am sure there is a form to fill in and there is also deregistration too, and they do need to be notified to prevent it becoming a non school attender and issuing fines and threats.

I would just ring and explain to them that you had hoped that someone may of been intouch.

JsMum

Have you already deregistered??

When I deregistered we had the EWO come to visit, they just asked 'why' I chose to home ed,

and if there is anything they could do to help, having said that she was a really nice lady and we

ended up chatting about her nephew who they suspected was on the spectrum. :D seven months

later we 'accepted' a visit from the education advisor who was equally as nice!!

If your LEA are aware of you home edding then I would think that they would arrange for an EWO to

visit, but to be honest it seems to be different in each county.

Brook

Have you already deregistered??

When I deregistered we had the EWO come to visit, they just asked 'why' I chose to home ed,

and if there is anything they could do to help, having said that she was a really nice lady and we

ended up chatting about her nephew who they suspected was on the spectrum. :D seven months

later we 'accepted' a visit from the education advisor who was equally as nice!!

If your LEA are aware of you home edding then I would think that they would arrange for an EWO to

visit, but to be honest it seems to be different in each county.

Brook

My LEA do not seem to have any real systems for a lot of things or at least if they do they are keeping them to themselves.

I did email but got an automated reply saying this woman no longer works there and no info on who else to contact or anything remotely helpful really.

Luke is not on any school register as he was due to transfer to secondary school, he is on the waiting list for 2 though.

DaisyDot do you know who need to contact hun???