lizzy-wilson

...Online bullying --- when will it stop?

Last night, I was doing my daily check on Facebook (Basically to have a neb to see what's going on) and one of my friends who I have known since she was a baby had been tagged in a photo, not in person but her name and been tagged;

I have seen in the past, previous comments and have been appalled to read what has been said about her; She doesn't really help herself but she is just a human being like the rest of us. Anyway, I decided last night that enough was enough and I would comment as the things being said were horrible, she was being called a 'mong' 'freak' 'fatso' and many other things.

They really didn't seem bothered that this person had feelings. I told them that they should be ashamed of themselves and haven't they got anything better to do. I was very annoyed that kids can get away with things like this as it happens on these social networks, schools aren't picking up on things like this and I can't believe parents aren't doing anything to stop their children. It disgusts me as to what kids now our days are doing and are getting away with! It should be stopped.

I may be speaking out of place there but somethings not right and it should be stopped sooner rather than later.

I would hate for something to happen to this poor girl as I said, I've know her for...god...getting on 14 years now although I haven't seen her for a couple of years, I still know her.

Rant over.

does not work like that robert.

its awful it should not have happened. I have been bullied online, unfornate that i have to be bullied all my life and can tell u it can make you ill. which did with me and i had a mental breakdown by the age of 17 and went psychotic

There just keyboard warriors, and just type to let of steam. im sure there is some gadget out there that can pick up IP adresses. if not just laugh it off, and confront them 1on1 when the oppertunity arises.

I've been put through a lot of this online bullying stuff as well. I know first hand how it feels to be the victim of repeated cyber harassment, which is hard to deal with due to the anonymity trolls possess behind their screens. They've even gone as far as making an Encyclopedia Dramatica page about me, full of lies. Yeah, it's truly sad that people with no lives do this to hurt people.