purplegail

Sometimes I wish she would seriously hurt me!!!

Am in danger of blowing up the computer with tears at the moment but needed to get it out so apologies. Couldn't ring my mum as she worries enough as it is.

Laura has just had a total meltdown.- over not winning an ebay bid. She jammed the computer by being violent as she was getting stressed and so missed the end of the auction. And that was all my fault - of course!!!!

I now have a broken door frame and a punched nose. Not sure if it's broken but it's certainly crackling a lot when I wiggle it!!!

Luckily the boys are out - the older one has had about all he can take and is ready to kill her and the younger one would have been frightened.

If she seriously hurts me - knife threats are regular here!! - will social services take things seriously?

Have tried making myself feel better by sending a nasty text to my ex - he who has Laura for 1 night a fortnight because ''he deserves a weekend'' So I, who have our potentially violent daughter 13 nights out of 14 - why don't I deserve a weekend?????? It didn't work though and I'm still feeling very sorry myself.

Why me :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Apologies for the self pity. I think I feel worse because I was starting to think things were getting better.

Gail

Oh my word you poor thing! :( Have you taken a photo of your nose, for use as evidence of her violence, also I would see a GP tomorrow about your nose and her aggression.( Don't know who she is already seeing or if she has meds so sorry if this is old advice)

It's not self pity, it's justifiable hurt that someone you love is capable of hurting you so badly, even when we know they can't help it.

A HUGE hug to you, hope the nose doesn't get too painful!

A x

So sorry to hear about your trouble. :(>:D<<'>

Don't keep this to yourself, you should really tell everyone involved with your daughter, including your GP, teachers, etc., just so that they are aware of what you are going through.

Hope you don't hurt too much. :blink:

~ Mel ~

You are her Mum not her punch bag. There is no excuse for violence. Is she upset with herself after the event? May I ask how old she is? Puberty can be hell and yes we had the knife threats and holes in the wall but not physical violence but it came close. Make someone listen to you are there any awareness/anger management groups specifically aimed at young people with ASD near you - probably a ###### stupid question but some Authorities do have these. SS should be offering help. Is there anyone that can help you access the support you need.

Sorry to ask so many questions I know that you basically came here to sound off >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oracle

Gail...so sorry, this must be terrifying for you :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I would try to keep a diary of what is happening and logging each incident...take photographic evidence if need be. I'd also agree with the above replies, try your GP, SS, school etc. I wish I knew what more to say...... :(

Gail

This is a terrible situation for you to cope with. I think it's a case of shout, shout, and shout some more until someone - GP, SS, CAMHS - does something. I'd guess that at fourteen your daughter is hitting peak teenage angst years which can be hell for those with AS. Is she stressed at school?

Hope you find some solutions.

Barefoot

Thanks for your advice. She's nearly 15 and so PMT plays a very large part in her moods!!!

You are her Mum not her punch bag. There is no excuse for violence. Is she upset with herself after the event? May I ask how old she is? Puberty can be hell and yes we had the knife threats and holes in the wall but not physical violence but it came close. Make someone listen to you are there any awareness/anger management groups specifically aimed at young people with ASD near you - probably a ###### stupid question but some Authorities do have these. SS should be offering help. Is there anyone that can help you access the support you need.

Sorry to ask so many questions I know that you basically came here to sound off >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oracle

Thanks for your advice. She's nearly 15 and so PMT plays a very large part in her moods!!!

Sorry things are so tough. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It is worth keeping a chart to establish whether there is a pattern of PMT making things worse.Camhs or others may be able to suggest medication that will help with the hormones.Mention it too if you can get hold of some help.Karen

Hi,

This must be awful for you >:D<<'> . My son is only 8 but can be extremely violent too (i have the scars). I find it very frustrating because no-one seems to help. His pead just said, "He cannot continue to hurt you". Err, i think i know that :wallbash: !

I agree that you should take a photo of your nose (hope it's ok now) and also keep a diary. I am doing this at the moment so i can take the "evidence" to my son's psychologist.

Hope you get some help :pray: ,

Loulou xx