Sign in to follow this  
nuttynemo

Still the system fails

It is now Tuesday and my son has still not allowed in school

last wednesday he was thrown in water on the way home from school

last thursday the school started an investigation and told us our son was not allowed back in to school

for his own safety

friday he was tested for the weils desease in the water

now we cant get him into school

we have a provisional statment but that is not worth the paper it is written on

we have a list of schools that wont take our son and very few that wont consider him

does any one know how to make a lonely board AS 12 year old who is now cut off from his friends

Happy

can any one out there tell us how long they took to get from provisional statement to getting a school place

the fight is draining my wife and i

sorry for my waffle

thanks for this site

Sorry I wish I had the answers but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

My son is 11 and I have been home educating him myself since the start of this term (so he has not transfered to secondary school)

we have a proposed statement and have jhust been turned down by the only mainstream school we felt could meet his needs as they apparently feel they cannot.

Keep fighting hun, what choice do we have if no one else will fight/help for our children?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Its awful your son has had to go through this. The emotional fighting is draining, I don't have any answers, but due to the circumstances feel maybe you could do with some professional support. You could try & get in touch with a SENFLO ( Special Educational Needs Family Liaison Officer ) at your education department, or PP ( Parent Partnership ). See if they can advice anything.

As for keeping him happy, its difficult, boredom, frustration etc. How about going to a museum or local attraction for the day, should be quieter while other children are in school ( unless there happens to be a school trip, maybe you could ring in advance to check ), do something for him, but also as a family.You could use it as educational, he could write & talk about it, or even just a a nice day out, cinema for example. Let him choose ( within reason ), is there something he loves doing? Of course I don't know family circumstances, work commitments etc. but seems like you could all do with a day out/family time. Remind yourselves & him its not his fault & try & enjoy ( I know easier said than done, seems to be fight fight fight ).

Edited by Platefull of Love

Have you spoken to ipsea about this and got their advice? If school dont say this is the right place for your son I would want something in writing!!!!!!!

As this is like your son has been excluded not the bullies!

This is an illegal exclusion (see my pinned thread in education). The school are doing so much wrong here that they MUST know it. Write and ask them when he will be allowed to return to school. Get something in writting from them to confirm what they have done and what they are going to do. Pin them down on it. Give them till Friday to respond - put that in very clearly!! Once you have that response (in writing - insist on that) contact IPSEA as soon as possible, even if you have to sit on the phone all day to do it. Also look up the disability rights commission code of practice for schools and see if anything in their applies - phone them too and ask for their advice (can't remember their website address but a swift google will find it under DRC).

Do not wait for the school to do something...get proactive and start to make waves. The school have handled this awfuly. Have they (or you come to that) contacted the police over this? If th other children were over 10 they will be interested.

HTH

I agree with Phas, I know it seems hard but you need to fight this otherwise it will look ike you are the ones acting unlawfully by taking your son out of school.

I really dont see why the school are coming out of this smelling of roses when they are failing in their basic duty of care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!