Sign in to follow this  
Flora

The hazards of text messaging

I was about to go out earlier and picked up my mobile to take with me, noticed there was a text message from an un-saved number and this is what it said

'OMG ive bin suspended from skool 4 stealing' (typos not mine... teenage text speak!!)

My heart literally dropped like a brick to me boots :o

I knew it wasn't my dd's phone because her number is stored, but thought maybe it was her texting from a friend's phone. I immediately rang the number and a woman answered. I asked who it was and sort of recognised the name but couldn't place it.

Anyhoo, to cut a garbled convo short it turned out to be a friend from the secondary school my dd was at two years ago. It was her daughter texting my phone by mistake (she probably has me under 'Suze's Mum') and when I rang her number it was diverted to her mum's phone :lol: I can imagine the extra rollicking she's going to get when her mum tackles her about telling people!

Poor girl, but more her poor mum, I felt really sorry for her.

Texting can be very hazardous and confusing!!!! Not long ago I once texted a friend to tell her my mum was getting on my nerves and then sent to my mum by mistake :oops:

Flora :lol:

I once texted Orange to tell them that I'd be late home and that I loved them. As soon as I hit 'send' it dawned on me that I should have picked Mrs Neil's number instead :lol:

I once thought id sent a fowel languaged abusive text to me husband coz hed been getting on me nerves.unfortunalty it went to me mother. :(

The shame.

I once received an interesting text from someone asking if they'd left their jumper in my bedroom when they ...ahem...'visited'. :o

Thankfully Mr Jericho believed me when I said that I had no idea who the text was from and that there had been no visitors. :hypno: Probably because anyone who had really visited our bedroom would know that there was no way on earth that there'd be room for a jumper under the bed. :wub:

I texted a friend from a very warm shopping centre telling her to leave her boat in the car ... that'll teach me to hit 'send' before checking the predictive texting!

I used to send messages meant for my husband to the first person in my phone book all the time - fortunately she was a good friend, and never got any dirty ones! I eventually added a contact called AAAA with the number 0000 to eliminate any risk of sending these messages to a real person again.

:lol::lol::lol: That lot made me giggle :lol:

I have one shameful confession - i once sent a text to my dad................... which was meant for someone entirely different late one evening ................ :whistle::whistle::whistle::o

Thank goodness my dads broad minded!!! :blink::lol::lol::oops:

I got a new phone at Christmas and it took me a while to figure it out. I spent a month sending cheerfully insulting and jokey texts to my other half, as you do, and got replies saying "thanks!"

It was only when I actually rang my husband and a perplexed voice answered that I realised I had stored the wrong number, and had been sending messages like "hi scumbag" and "you are a complete dweeb" to some poor unsuspecting woman for weeks. :o:oops:

I once got a text from an unknown number at 1am in the morning and this is what it said:

"Hi Sexy, the rugby tour is finished what are you doing Saturday?"

Following my :blink::o:hypno: I showed it to my husband and said: "Look's like Johnny Wilkinson wants to meet me." :)

Luckily hubbs knows I'm faithful and I didn't ring the number back just deleted it which is a good job because had I phoned the number it would have wiped all the credit off my phone (discovered this on a consumer programme some time later).