opheila

just when you think they cant wear you down anymore

L is now on his 5th speech and language teacher this is due to the fact they keep leaving. I have been waiting to get a diagnosis for L from the peadatrcian stating he has autism.

He was due to come and see L's second speech therapist who pushed for this. However she has left and i am on no 5.

When i spoke to no 5 on phone today to confirm she had contacted the pead to arrange a meet to get a diagnoises she turned around and said well i am not sure as i have only seen him flapping his arms and havent really seen him do much else.

I told her of course you havent you have only seen him twice and i have waited this long for a diagnoises and i was going to get it.

Bumped in to L's second speech therapist and she said well film him and send a video tape to her that way she will see for her self. What is it with these people they up and leave you and you feel like you are constantly repeating yourself and running around just trying to keep up

so out came the video camera tonight and sure enough off he went rocking back and forward on tip toes flapping his arms

why oh why do they do this to us are they trying to drive us mad :wallbash:

This must be really frustrating, ophelia. It's disheartening to have to start all over again with a new person. Do they not keep notes? :wacko:

K x

Hi Ophelia

I know just how frusrating this is, you'd think they could pass notes on regarding children they've been seeing to their replacements wouldn't you?

Trouble is the people you rely on to help your child will probably tell you that some don't even bother keeping notes in the way you would expect!!

I had this with quick change Ed Psych's.

Speech therapists in our area are usually carrying shiny brand spanking new quailifications and certificates, but they do seem to be totally unprepared for the reality of how big their work load will be and I feel this is why they go elsewhere. JMHO!!

It took until my DS1 was 9(year 5) to get a dx and that was with me saying things aren't right and plenty of :wallbash:

It was quicker with DS2 as his issues were much less easy to ignore.

But with my DD it has been many occasions hen I have needed to :wallbash: and that is with then knowing she has problems but not really taking enough notice.

I hope you get good results from your filming adventure! :pray: !

Edited by Devon mum

im so sorry you are haveing a bad time with your salt mine is great she went to the school and told them all about my dd6 then she worte to my docter and she wrote a report for me to help with dla for my dd my dd is a lot happer in school since they know how to help her all the best jill

i am glad to see i am not the only one going through this. They go on about resources etc and in my opinion they are the ones wasting them as they havent got a clue what one person is doing to the next.

How incredibly frustrating for you. :(

I would imagine that having 5 different SALTs isn't exactly helping your son either. >:D<<'>

Good luck with getting all the video evidence you need.