Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Just out of reach

Hi guys,

sorry ive not been here for a couple of weeks, i have been looking at posts every now and then, but tonight is the first night that my hubby hasnt hogged the computer, he has been busy trying to (firstly) record a song, and (secondly) upload it to you tube.

The song is about kierans interests with his beloved bathplug, which is what he plays with all the time, mainly when stimming. the second video is of that actual stimming (with his plug) its 10 mins long and he is noisy and very active, but if you can tolerate it you are welcome to watch. we wanted to share with you what a wonderful happy boy kieran is, and your comments would be welcome.

(video of steve singing "just out of reach")

(Video of kieran stimming = hence the song. he is now obssessed with the simpaons which is evident here. if you last the 10 mins).

Or see them both at hubbys myspace http://www.myspace.com/likeatipple

Take care all.

shaz xx

Edited by pingu

Shaz,

That song is great :clap::clap: also a little bit :tearful: , well done Steve :thumbs: .

And as for the video of Kieran stimming, I thought it was my son :o , all the jumping

and moving around is soooo like my boy, but he doesn't have a bath plug :D .

Thanks so much for sharing those vids with us. :) .

Brook

Edited to say, I did watch it right til the end ;)

Edited by Brook

Thanks Brook :D

It will be interesting to see if all stimming is similar. Well done for watching to the end :whistle: So brave :whistle:

shaz

Shaz,

I just showed my hubby and he said 'blimey that's just like what he does' (our boy).

Brook :D

Edited by Brook

my 6yr old son has adhd poss AS

I watched your video and that is the first time i have ever seen another child do things like my k he runs around constantly like that singing and talking to himself, its nice to know im not alone and neither is he i think it was great

Can i just ask how old your son is and when did you notice he had as or was it someone else that recognised it.

Also does he have adhd aswell by any chance and if so is he on medication for it

Hi,

that's exactly like my son too (he's nearly 6), except my son bounces up and down on his hopper and does the singing thing!

Cheers,

Eva

Can i just ask how old your son is and when did you notice he had as or was it someone else that recognised it.

Also does he have adhd aswell by any chance and if so is he on medication for it

Hi claire

Kieran is 7 (he will be 8 in January) we first noticed he was "different" at around 3 - 4 years of age, because he was totally obssessed with the washing machine and if i put it on he would sit for the full cycle just spinning his arms whilst watching it, he also has speech delay and didnt form sentances until he was just past 5. It was actually his reception teacher that told us what she thought was the matter with him, as at school he would play in each sink individually and take things very litrally, he also liked to be alone.

We have questioned whether or not he has ADHD we think so, but as he switches off when he goes to see the doctor, they say he isnt active enough. He does have a very short attention span and learning difficulties. He is not on any medication. Take care.

Thanks for your're replies.

x

Thats exactly like k from being around 6mth he used to like being in his baby chair in front of the washer he loved it, he too was late to develop he didnt walk til he was nearly 2 and a half, he didnt crawl at all.

He was the easiest child in the world to look after when he was small he would just sit with his train set and play all day, of course if you tryed to tidy it away all hell would break loose, so it was a permanent fixture in my living room for quite sometime.

He was always content to play alone, never wanting any interaction, were as my youngest son, is the total opposite, looking back in comparison i have noticed alot of differences in k to my youngest, which i put down to him just being a typical lazy boy.

How wrong you can be!!!!

K also has alot of learning difficulties and needs ono on one help with all his work in school.

However i thought it strange that he could read reading book, with no problems, i asked his teacher a few times how this was possible. anyway he started to get books with 5 lines of words on a page and was still doing it, then i realised he wasnt looking at the words when he was reading, so i turned a few pages in and asked him to read what was on that page and he could tell me every word.

It was because someone in school reads the book with him before he brings it home and he was memorizing every word i was totally amazed

Sorry to be so thick, but how do I get it to play?? I clicked on the link, then what do I do??!! :D I know, I know, I'm an idiot!! :P

~ Mel ~

it should play automatically? if not click on the little triangle just under the screen....

thanks for sharing those!!! i really enjoyed them both! :notworthy::dance:

how did you put a pic as your avatar? thats so clever!!!

Hi

Oxgirl have you managed to view it yet?? It should just play when you click on the link, but if your computers anything like mine, it will only do what it wants to do :D . Hope you have got it working.

how did you put a pic as your avatar? thats so clever!!!

I used photobucket to host my image and put a link in the code somewhere here. But it was ages ago and i cant remember how i did it :whistle: I asked baddads advice (i think) and he broke it down into sections for me >:D<<'>

Take care everyone.

shaz