Sign in to follow this  
hev

another rubbish day

one rubbish day is blending into another here,its like a warzone with steven making this house hell,ss no help,cahms useless,theres no help out there for us,all my k sees is screaming,its no life for her,steven doesnt care if im upset,if k upset,he will keep on and on for literally hours tilltheres a reaction and then start all over again the next day,no let up at all,christmas is gonna be hell no matter what i do,hes on clonidine 3 times a dy,tried most other meds but no change,he cannot say one civil word to me nowadays,is awful at school,think he going to be out of there soon because he is a bully,hes in my ear now swearing,i cant bear another day of this,its like a nightmare

:tearful: Oh hun :tearful: I truly wish there was something i could do to help you :( .

When's S annual review? I'm just wondering if resi could be the more suitable option for his placement - both for your sanity, and for his stability??? Sorry if i've crossed the line - nothing horrid intended >:D<<'> . You just all seem to be going around in circles with all of you being unhappy :( .

What's going on at school? Are they helping at all? Can you ask/beg/grovel the school to do something to help?

I've a friend who left her son (he was 14 at the time) in the CAMHS waiting room and said 'i'm sorry, but i need half an hour off, you deal with him'. Very extreme, but she's now getting help.

What reason have SS given for not helping?

Pooh - can't think of anything else :(

Have some hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Hev

I know there is some new changes in Js School with rehersals and christmas fair, is there similair issues at your sons school, christmas can be very overwhelming for children with SNs.

Its also an extra pressure for us parents, I am just hoping for a peaceful process, not too much excitement, just the usual dinner and presants, and the presants I am not going mad over, but still the pressure is hotting up.

Maybe it could be a combination of all this and then the difficulties your son has, he is 13 and that could be another element too, hormones, and growing into a young adult.

I agree with the other posts and wonder if there is any outside agencies that could support you, there is a short coming with Social services I know we have only just been discharged, but hey we are ok so not too worried and we have our own help in the home now, which has been the most supportive service I have ever had.

I was thinking maybe accessing the childrens disability team.

Ring your local council area team and ask for an assessment for help in the home, I have had this and we didnt meet criteria but you may, its all different in areas as well.

And the other was a residential break for your son in a spercific AS unit and then they may have more resources and referrals and I know paris on the nas website is very good for looking at what is available.

It certainly looks like a break is essential here, wether its a few hours a few days.

I am thinking about you and hope you get somewhere with the services in your area.

My last suggestion is the carers centre, they have been so supportive for me, especially emotionally.

JsMum

>:D<<'> Hev >:D<<'>

Wish I had something really useful to sayHev - I know that living with the stress is awful - seriously thought I couldn't go on the other night and was supported loads by the forum but very few family members and friends who actually know us seem to realise how hard it can be. I've asked school and GP for support but you've probably tried these things, keep phoning SS - wish I had something more useful to help you

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>