Sign in to follow this  
hev

need advice for tomorrow UPDATE

ss coming in morning as you know but im getting nervous because when steve having a good day i feel i can cope which is today but when hes not thats when im phoning ss and i feel i cannot cope,hope that makes sense :blink:

if they caught me at a time like a worst day i can tell them exactly what i want and im all fired up but when im calm all my fight goes out the window but i dont want to be sitting there tomorrow all timid but i find it hard to explain how things are in here,maybe i should write things down of what i would like,i annoy myself for getting anxious as i need this visit,wish i was assertive

well i neednt have worried cos they phoned me to cancel :crying: the woman off sick,they going to phone me in morning,thought it was too good to be true :(

Edited by hev

Good luck for tomorrow, hev, hope you get everything out of it that you want. >:D<<'>

It's a good idea to jot thoughts and feelings and info down, just as you think of things, and then you can refer to your notes or even hand them over to the ss person to read for themselves.

Best of luck. Hope it goes well. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

I would be inclinded to say have you got a dictaphone and record the descussion tomorrow, let them know you are recording it as you may not remember what has been said.

or like suggested write down the main difficulties you are having with your son.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope they do help you.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Hev, I think writing everything down is a brilliant idea. Can someone else be with you too? Sometimes having someone else there can really help. Maybe reading back thru your posts may remind you of some of the things which you have struggled with and would like help and support with. Print them off if needs be. Have a long chat with your other half and find out if there is anything he thinks needs to be addressed, which you may not consider vital. Good luck Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Hev,

I know what you mean - I also find when I get a chance to talk about problems I'm too calm and controlled, although on my own I do plenty of crying and raging!

I think as others have suggested, writing it down is a good idea, also printing out some of your posts, as they capture how if feels when you're in the middle of a bad experience.

Good luck for tomorrow, >:D<<'>

K x

Oh Bleep, that they have cancelled >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

They cancelled ( totally decided they couldn't help ) a big meeting on me the day before it was due. I hope they manage to rearrange yours asap. Its an emotional rollercoaster. >:D<<'>

Just got back from our break and read your post that the ss have cancelled, why? at the end of the day if you could of waited until the 12th jan then you wouldnt have requested an urget appointment, I am sorry but they are taking the P@@S, I would write a complaint to your local social services department, and also arrange to see your local MP as soon as you can, email him as he will have a email address.

this really isnt acceptable, write a complaint.

JsMum