hev

did it all work?

isent it awful when the kids open up pressies christmas day and they dont work,i know i should test em before but i got k some walkie talkies they never worked,s some computer games,no good,then you spend ages looking for receipts and queue up for ages to replace them to find they sold out :(

or you get them what looks like a big pressie,open it up and its mostly packaging,the thing what really annoys me is when i get k dolls and i have to spend ages untying the little plastic tie things what are attached to the box,took me ages :crying:

just had to get all that off my chest :D

Santa brought R a Mr Potato-head one Xmas and it had two mouths and no nose - we had to post one mouth all the way back to the North Pole to be exchanged for a mouth - lol!

Karen

Right - as it's now traditional...............................

All I got for Christmas was this hideous sweater..............................

And what i really wanted was a gorgeous moaner and groaner.............

t's'all folks! nyada nyada nyada nyaaaaaahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

I'm with you on this one Hev........DH and I can't stand the endless ties which come with toys......it takes forever to get the flipping things out of the packaging :wacko::wacko: . We bought our youngest dd a First Leappad.....she was sat with the book, pressing it, no words etc....just a beep :blink: . Unfortunately I'd bought it months previously, so no hope of returning it, no receipt either. After a few hours I noticed the bit on the side for "something" to be inserted.......DH had got it out the packaging for our dd, so I asked him if it had come with anything else... :unsure: . Oh Yes, he said, a cartridge, I put it on the floor :rolleyes: .........we have searched high and low, no sign of cartridge, even emptied all the rubbish bags :sick: , thinking it may of been thrown out with the wrapping paper, but no joy. Have ordered her couple more books from Amazon.....although dd is adamant she doesn't want a book that talks, she likes the beeps :hypno::hypno: . We also bought a few games for our ds for his XBox 360, and 2 didn't work, so they went back on Boxing day and we got a refund. Our youngest dd got Aquadraw too.........she spent 5 mins drawing with it, and now uses the pens to drink from :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Oooooooooooo, those little twisty ties drive you crazy, don't they!! :wallbash: I always take them all off before I wrap up the pressie and just put it in the box loose for Jay. Sometimes I just wrap it up without the box, as well! :P

~ Mel ~

mel,im going to do that next year,i dont see why they need so many ties,drives me mad :wacko:

baddad,you been on the cooking sherry again? :party:

OOH, those bloomin' twiddly ties!!! :angry:

The worst offender is Bratz - of all breeds! And DD got about five of them! Those nails I had honed to perfection for the festive season were shot in about 10 minutes! :crying:

And as for the moments when DS's Ben10 (latest obsession) Omnitrix (acquired at ridiculous expense from America - not available here yet) went missing then turned up in the RUBBISH BAG!!! OMG - Meltdown Central narrowly averted! :D

It's even worse when the toys are screwed in and no-one can find a tiddly screwdriver! and every piece of packaging is taped together. I was prepared enough to get everything out of the boxes to put the batteries in. I wasn't prepared for the fact that J wouldn't be able to "do" all his new pc, playstation and new ds games - so we had a quite a few meltdowns. The only present which didn't work was my new mobile phone! Luckily my old one isn't completely dead yet!

Edited by MichelleW

We always unparcel E's presents before we give them to her, undo all the ties, put in batteries, then pop them loose in the box and wrap them up. If she couldn't get it out quickly, and play with it instantly, she would never look at it again!

Mr Zaman always says of those ties 'keep them, they might come in handy for something'. And before you all send them to me, trust me, I chuck them when he's not looking . . .

Hi,

I got Kai a Power Rangers toy from e-bay (second hand). Tried to work out the flippin' thing on Christmas eve and it LOOKED like it was all there (but who am i eh?).

Anyway, within 5 minutes of him opening it, he was shouting and screaming b/c there was a bit missing :lol: . He was NOT amused and is going to track the lady down who sold it and "kill her" :( .

Arrggghhh!

Loulou xx

i saw a tip in a magazine which said save the twiddly ties to use in your freezer to tie up opened food,i cant be bothered!!i hate twiddly ties,they get chucked straight in the bin in a temper!!