Sign in to follow this  
reuby2

Tesco shop.........

Hi All,

I decided to have an online order delivered today from tesco (save me the job of shopping) ,well the guy came, gave me all the bags, I happily put the shopping away in the kitchen , put the toiletries and cleaners at the bottom of the stairs, then had some dinner, posted on here a bit, straightened my hair.Then I thought I'll just take those things upstairs......I picked up the bag to take the bleach out and ......it had leaked through the bag onto my carpet and has bleached the carpet in quite a few spots. The carpet is dark blue, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm now waiting for the store manager to ring me to find out what to do. :(

Oh reuby2, that's rotten luck, so sorry!! Had the bottle's lid come loose or has the bottle got a hole in it somewhere?? You must be furious, I would be!! Hope they compensate you in some way that satisfies you. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

god how annying is that,bleach is awful stuff really,once its stained thats your lot of getting stain out.

hope you have some luck with store manager,let us know

I had a similar incident while shopping online. One of the bags delivered had bleach in, the bleach had leaked all over the other goods in the bag. Also had eggs which we all broken, other than that always been ok....if you don't mind lots of substitutes. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

Hi Reuby,

What a nightmare. I shop online with Tesco quite often and i've always found them really helpful if they've made any errors etc. They always give refunds without any fuss, so fingers crossed they'll compensate you for your carpet. I do find that they sometimes chuck everything in the bags and things get broken on the van.

Loulou xx

One good thing about being in Ireland - we have a tax on plastic bags so no one uses them anymore. :thumbs: Tesco delivers all groceries in baskets - all neatly packed, easy to see and divided according to type. Hope you get sorted Hev - they are usually good about these things.

A

ps. to avoid substitutions, there is a 'no substitutes' button you can click when you get to the checkout area

This has happened to other customers in the past, and Tesco have paid compensation for the damage done. Check out this link Tesco bleach

Take some photos of the damage, work out how much it would cost to replace the carpet, and ask Tesco for some compensation in respect of it. If you don't get any joy, check your household insurance to see if you are covered.

Thanks everyone,

The manager is coming to see the carpet on Monday or Tuesday, I'll let you know how i get on !!

That sounds like a very quick response. Hope it goes well.

~ Mel ~

One good thing about being in Ireland - we have a tax on plastic bags so no one uses them anymore. :thumbs: Tesco delivers all groceries in baskets - all neatly packed, easy to see and divided according to type. Hope you get sorted Hev - they are usually good about these things.

A

ps. to avoid substitutions, there is a 'no substitutes' button you can click when you get to the checkout area

I think taxing plastic bags is a great idea, I have noticed in america they use paper bags, and did you know that putting fruit and veg in plastic causes toxic reactions and shouldnt be in them?

thats why in fruit and veg markets they use brown paper bags.

I think uk might tax plastic bags soon, but one thing to note is our recycle bin doesnt get collected as often as it should, once a month, thats it.

r2 hope you get a new carpet as the company will be covered by their insurance and if they dont then if you have housing insurance there is a chance you could put in a claim.

but tesco should replace the carpet and food.

if they dont complain to the top dog.

JsMum

I use Tesco's as M doesn't like the supermarket and have always found them to be pretty good if things go wrong so hopefully they will reimburse you :D Hope it goes well Tuesday!

HI everyone,

Well nobody had rang on monday so my Husband rang the online number and within 5 mins the junior manager from our local store rang and couldn't apologize enough that no one had rang, he then asked a convenient time to ring the next day as the manager had gone home. I said between 9.15 and 11.00........so at 6.50 in the MORNING, the manager rang, my husband went mad because of the time and she said she would ring back later. In the mean time our lovely dog Reuben had to be put to sleep as he had a tumour in his chest and his heart was failing :( .......When the manager did ring, she said she had been hoping to come out and see the damage but she wouldn't be able to come out that day so she was just going to hand it over to their insurers......she couldn't even be bothered to come round....oh well, at least it is going through their insurers.Thanks for all the posts. My son went to have his teeth out today and it was so traumatic, he screamed the place down and was hysterical whist having the needle and when he woke up. Not a good week but HEH HO.......tomorrow's another day! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>