Ohforaquietlife

Full time TA support

Hi everyone.

Undergoing a re-assessment here :wallbash: and everyone that works with L agrees that he needs full time support so that's what we're going to argue for at a meeting with the LEA on Monday. However, I'm not sure when it comes to specifying hours, how many that should be?

Anyone know?!

ohf!

Hi everyone.

Undergoing a re-assessment here :wallbash: and everyone that works with L agrees that he needs full time support so that's what we're going to argue for at a meeting with the LEA on Monday. However, I'm not sure when it comes to specifying hours, how many that should be?

Anyone know?!

ohf!

Hi ohfie!

Not sure technically, but the 'general' rule in our area used to be '25hrs' max...

more recently I've heard of statements going out with 30 hours on, but not in this area...

sending a PM re my own run in with LEA and result...

l8rs, t8rs

BD :D

Hi I think that full time is in theory round about 30 hours.I am not aware of anyone getting 30 in our area though.I guess it will depend on what hours your child is in school-Eg how long breaks are.As this differs even between schools in our area.Full time would include the school day each day including breaks-plus a few minutes before and after school for hand over.In our experience the main area that is disputed is the need for support at break time and lunch time.You would need to be able to provide evidence to show that your child needs support at these times.Regards Karen.

Adam gets fulltime TA support. His statement says 25 hours but in fact he gets more than this. I've no idea whether 25 hours is the maximum our LEA put on statements or whether you can have more. I would like his changing for his protection just in case we ever had to relocate and move to a new school that stuck to the letter of the statement

Lx

in our area and I think this applies to other LEAs full time support is actually 32.5 hours which is full time for a TA, this then includes breaks and lunchtimes when they can be very vulnerable.

we have one child in school with 25 hours on his statement, the school provides and extra 5 hours for lunchtime but we are hoping that his latest statement after his annual review will alter this to provide the full 32.5 hours which is what the assesment officer has agreed in principal at a recent meeting.

Went to a 'units and designations review' in my area last week...... top bod from the LEA was challenged over statements and replied 'There is no ongoing agenda to cut back on the number of statements being issued'...

Oh, how we laughed... :lol::lol::lol:

trouble is, when you're dealing with people who can look you in the eye/keep a straight face talking that sort of BS you KNOW you're in for a battle!

Very best for Monday...

L&P

BD :D;)

Thanks everyone. That's really helpful.

Got a big meeting with the LEA on Monday re: a new statement and I'm sure this info will be useful. Wish me luck!

ohf!

Hi I hope the meeting is ok and that you are able to get the support you are pushing for.Regards Karen.

Well we had the meeting and after a very long wait the new Statement finally dropped through the door yesterday and guess what......he got "one to one support for all curriculum areas" and "close monitoring at mealtimes" :dance::dance::dance: Bearing in mind that he is in an ASD-specific Unit, this is rare.

And, they have identified him as Hyperlexic into his Statement!

Some good news for once folks. You just have to keep at the b****rs!!! Now I just have to get the school to provide :blink:

Ohf!

Hi there, ive just had a second proposed statement come through and they have upped my girls support from 25 hours per week up to 32 hours a week and specified it to be one to one support.

Thankfully the school she is moving to in september said they would not take her unless she had 32 hours full one to one for health and safety reasons. it CAN be done!!

Well done on getting your as well >:D<<'>