Sign in to follow this  
Flora

It's an odd odd life

Hi all, Haven't been around much.... have popped on to read posts but not really contributed much to the forum for a while. Bill is up and down; and I mean UP and DOWN... he's either very happy and articulate or totally down and non-verbal... the unpredictability of this makes me nervous and unable function effectively. Ben, on the other hand, is going from strength to strength and is coming on in leaps and bounds both socially and academically. Probably the biggest thing that's happened is that after assessment I now have it confirmed that I have AS...it probably doesn't make a huge difference because I was almost certain anyway, but having it confirmed means I can take a breath and move forward (anyone awaiting a dx will know exactly what I mean). Hopefully things will settle down with Bill soon and I will become more active on the forum again... meanwhile.... I'm still reading posts... and best wishes to all of you who I've not kept in touch with.

Flo' :D

Wow!

An official Lipstick Aspie now! :lol::dance:

Really hope things settle down soon with Bill, and so glad that Ben is doing so well :D

Go girl! :clap:

Bidx

Hi all, Haven't been around much.... have popped on to read posts but not really contributed much to the forum for a while. Bill is up and down; and I mean UP and DOWN... he's either very happy and articulate or totally down and non-verbal... the unpredictability of this makes me nervous and unable function effectively. Ben, on the other hand, is going from strength to strength and is coming on in leaps and bounds both socially and academically. Probably the biggest thing that's happened is that after assessment I now have it confirmed that I have AS...it probably doesn't make a huge difference because I was almost certain anyway, but having it confirmed means I can take a breath and move forward (anyone awaiting a dx will know exactly what I mean). Hopefully things will settle down with Bill soon and I will become more active on the forum again... meanwhile.... I'm still reading posts... and best wishes to all of you who I've not kept in touch with.

Flo' :D

Hiya flozza...

Sorry to hear about Bill's ups and downs :( Hope that's taking an upward turn without dips soon. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Congrats (odd way of putting it but...) on the dx - It's a funny thing to try and explain, 'cos while the dx doesn't change or 'fix' anything it puts so much into perspective... I guess it's sort of feeling that you're a 'whole' person in your own right rather than a 'flawed' version of other people... you can start to see some of the positives rather than just the negatives...

does that make sense? sorry - late'n'tired :lol::lol:

Look out for you, look out for Bill and look out for Ben... And keep dancing! :D>:D<<'>

L&P&allthatmalarky

BD :D

Hi Flora :)>:D<<'>

Noticed you popping in and out, I was wondering how you were, just thought you were really busy.

I know how you say it affects everything you do when Bill is up and down. I dont know if I am Arthur or Martha with Bob sometimes.

Hope the dx eases your mind. Its the wondering and not knowing that is a real bother. I certainly had doubts about myself and sort assessment, but came back neuro boring typical. But while I was looking into this I discovered that my mother is an Aspie. It certainly hasnt stopped her from enjoying life. I think she is one of the most sensitive and loving and caring people I know and at the same time she is a real hoot. :lol::lol:

She has a knack of making me laugh. So does Bob.

So congrats on the dx ..... I think people put too much weight on this. I remember Daisy Fulkirk put it beautifully if you go back through some of her posts. She had a great perspective about it.

I imagine you could say what a relief....... and look at the many many awesome Aspies out there, as Baddad says there are no negatives to this, only many positives.

:notworthy::dance::clap:

And of course we all think you are pretty awesome, of course. :devil:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

F :)

Hi Flora,

Good to see you and good news about your dx.

I have been thinking about you and Bill and wondering how he is doing after you posted before Christmas that things were not so good. The up and down - ness you describe is very much what we experience with L on a daily basis. The unpredictability as you say, is tough. I find it exhausting.

Glad to hear Ben's getting on OK.

Take care and come back when you can,

K x

>:D<<'> , hello poppit :rolleyes: .......well girlie bit of an aspie are you? >:D<<'> ..............sorry about Bill :( .......................how do you fancy a midlands meetup?...............Birmingham perhaps?