Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Read this on NAS site

This was on the news. The bullies tormented the poor boy and called him a "retard". It's disgusting that people can think such behaviour is funny. I hope they have been permanently excluded from the college.

Curra

I am really ashamed of our town - the slogan is " XXXX a beautiful place" Not if you happen to have an ASD it isn't! I would say that for this lad, he probably has endured this kind of abuse throughout his whole school career.

There is money available for 'parenting classes' but parenting is not where the problem lies. It is in the lack of approprate placements for our kids.

HelenL

How very, very horrible and nasty :tearful::( .

But i am pleased at the outcry it has caused, instead of the roll of the eyes and 'such a shame' kind of comment. As a side-step..

It angers me that this very old fashioned notion that it is somehow OK, or at least more understandable, if a child with any type of SN is bullied. I've spoken to parents who's SN children have been bullied, and the approach from the school/college/whatever has been that this was a part of that childs life, because they have a SN.

One parent, having two children, one AS and one NT, found the different response to her childrens bullying very upsetting - both of her children were bullied at some point (as many are), but it was the response of the people who should be dealing with it that upset her. Basically, for the NT child much more was done - for the AS child it was as though it was expected that this child were to be bullied and far less was done to help him.

I can understand that our children are more vulnerable to bullying and of course, as a result of that, our children are far more likely to be bullied - but to imply it was to be expected and part of that childs problems - rather that a reflection on how people still view children with disabilities - Grrrr makes me mad.

:oops: Sorry - stop over............ :ph34r::rolleyes:

I think all parents need to be aware of some of the trash that goes on You Tube, and be very careful, my son and daughter witnessed animal cruelty to the extreme, they came and asked me to look not knowing what I was about to see, my kids are 17 and 19 and I was sickened that they saw this.

There must be a way to have it banned or removed.

:(

Hi Frangipani

Sadly, on the same day this incident was being reported, UTube was talking about paying people to contribute their videos!

HelenL

If that sort of stuff is not policed, it truly bothers me what other junk is placed on there.

Edited by Frangipani

The bit that sickend me the most was the fact that the video was posted in the comedy section and people had been asked to rate it and say how funny it was - worse still some people had :sick::crying::sick:

Cat

I am confused because the name of the poster appears to be the name of the original poster - who then removed the videos which were filed under comedy.

Cat

A better use of Youtube.......

What do you think....?

(Thanks to J for the link :) )

Hi Smiley,

I just watched that, it truly humbled me, I remember watching a documentary about people with Cerebral Palsy that were locked in bodies that couldnt move, yet they found a way to communicate with them, and naturally most people think because of the bodies movements that the brain isnt functioning. But these people had brilliant minds and I had tears in my eyes with the intellect and conversations the abilities these people had. This perfect communicative person was locked inside bursting to come out. Just so sad there isnt enough educating others and compassion.

I certainly look at CP people in a different way now, and if I see them looking at me I don't just look away as I used to, I smile at them and communicate with them with non verbal language, as they can interpret body language.

Thanks for finding that.

:wub::)